Filling 300 bar tank using DIN to Yoke Fill Adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are you able to get full 300 bar fills with yoke fill whips? that's equivalent of about 4300psi, which is quite a lot.... Those adapters are used regularly to fill to pressures of about 260bar over here, but that's as high as you ever see the bank bottles filled up to.

The yoke fill whip is on a compressor (no banks). The compressor is rated to do over 300 bar.

Yes, that is the alternative and I will do that in the long term but I wondered about the safety of the adapters.

I would be more concerned about the rating of the yoke itself. Does it have a value stamped on it.

Nothing stamped on the yoke fill valve. I guess I'll just wait until I can afford the 300 DIN fill valve.

To my understanding the yoke is not to be used for 300bar as the design suppose to be weaker, I think the Europeans went to this process and found thru bad experiences that it is not smart to use a yoke for 300bar

go to DGX and see what the price is to have one shipped over, or just set the relief on the compressor to something like 250/260bar which is still a big fill...

My plan was to use a 12L/300bar instead of the 15L/232bar I have been using.

At 300 bar it holds the same amount air (3600L) as the 15L at 240bar, weighs the same in air but is 2kg less buoyant so I can shed 2kg.

It is also the same diameter as my more regularly used 12.2L tanks so no need to adjust tanks straps.

At 260bar it will only hold 3120L so I don't really get much benefit of the 12.2L tank.

I will just fill it at the shop until I get the proper fill valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom