Feburary ABWA wetsuit dive date discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was warm all weekend. Until I took the dry suit off. :)

Michael

I was slightly cold on dive 1. Frozen on the SI until I got out of that wet wetsuit. Comfortable on dive 2 in the drysuit. I shouldn't have worn the drysuit undergarment under my jeans to Hooters though. That got a little too warm.

LOL! It was cold enough on Saturday that I contemplated asking Jed to come back to ABWA (he stopped by and visited me while he was working for Regional Paramedic Services) just so I could crawl in the back and get warm...ambulance heaters get really, really hot :) Warmed NS would have been nice at that point LOL....

Thankfully, Stephen at ABWA finally got the heater working...there was a large huddle of shivering, wet suit wearing, dive students surrounding it....

Okay - So I can't pass this up...

Rita - If you are willing to get in the water, in doubles in a bikini, I promise to bring a) My camera and b) My x-scooter

I'll get pictures of you suffering "for the cause", and you can use the scooter for the rest of the day... Deal?

:D

b.

Ohhhhhh.... I've got an even BETTER idea!!!

You and Kelsey (my daughter) in bikini's and doubles - That would make a great picture! Talk about girl power :D

Whaddya say??

b.

I'm going to be branded as "insane" for saying this, but why the hell not! Bikinis and doubles it is! :D

The offer of getting to use your scooter for the day was just too cool to pass up :)

Well, since I "organize" it every year and I am the boss!

Michael

YOU organize it?

Mikey I hate to call you out but Clay is correct. He and I started the first one.:D The thread was a hoot and one of the longest planning threads we have ever had for a dive with almost 800 replies and over 7,000 views.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr.../173329-dive-dine-feb-10th-saturday-abwa.html

The theme was death for those who refused to dive wet.:D

I'm going to be branded as "insane" for saying this, but why the hell not! Bikinis and doubles it is! :D

The offer of getting to use your scooter for the day was just too cool to pass up :)

Ohhhhhh.... I've got an even BETTER idea!!!

You and Kelsey (my daughter) in bikini's and doubles - That would make a great picture! Talk about girl power :D

Whaddya say??

b.

If the insane women in bikinis are going to actually dive the doubles , I'll bring the underwater video camera. This might make Youtube history.

There might not be much to videotape...it's going to be a very short dive! :D

I've spent the last few minutes trying to figure out how to make my backplate and harness comfortable enough so I can walk down the pathway to the docks without the webbing and backplate bolts digging in too badly...I guess I can cut up an old wet suit or something....

I've spent the last few minutes trying to figure out how to make my backplate and harness comfortable enough so I can walk down the pathway to the docks without the webbing and backplate bolts digging in too badly...I guess I can cut up an old wet suit or something....

I will guarantee Sherpa service for any ladies willing to dive their rigs in bikinis. Only Sherpas though, not cabana boys.

Enough men to help you young gals out with this. As crazy as it sounds. Rita you can use my scooter, and Kelsey use Brock's. We'll get some pictures and sell us a technical dive calendar.

Ya'll keep in mind. Lil Kelsey's just a kiddo now so be respectful with those future bikini comments. Lol. This young gal is a smarter diver than I'll ever dream to be. I could never be more jealous of her talent. But on a serious note - Brock what your doing with you're baby girl is commendable. Not to many teenagers can hang with their dad and share fun times. Hats off to you sir!

Still think you guys are crazy.

Kenny

Back
Top Bottom