Feburary ABWA wetsuit dive date discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was thinking it would be good to get some input before I set the date. I am going to rent the neighborhood clubhouse to give us some more room. Currently, No one has it reserved in Feb. ABWA will be open all weekends in Feb also.

I have to work on FEB. 7TH and the 28th. So that leaves us with the weekends of the 14th and 21st. Either is ok with me. It would even be possible to do it the last weekend of Jan. but then we could not call it the 3RD ANNUAL FEB. ABWA DIVE now could we.

Input?

When we set the date I will start the thread and give folks a chance to state if they are coming. Got to know how many to cook for ya know.

I am also going to get some t-shirts made for this event so I need suggestion for that as well. I was thinking a diver in a wetsuit shivering would be a good start.

Date votes:
Weekends of the
7th-2
14th-3
21st-3
28th-2

Last edited:
I'm cool with whatever....

I think I'm going to giant stride into the water, clad in my 7mm...now that's going to be cold! :D

T-shirts sound like a great idea....

I'm cool with whatever....

I think I'm going to giant stride into the water, clad in my 7mm...now that's going to be cold! :D

T-shirts sound like a great idea....

You mean to wear a t-shirt in the water instead of the 7mm? :shakehead:Now that would be cold!

I only have a 5mm so I'm assuming I can wear that. I'd hate to buy a 7mm for just one dive. Somebody should have told me how much "stuff" you have to buy for this scuba thing. I never dreamed three months ago I'd need to buy a new enclosed trailer just to haul my scuba gear.

You should be fine in a 5mm. You just probably will not want to do but 1 shallower dive. SI will be cold but I am bringing a portable propane heater.

Well, since I "organize" it every year and I am the boss!

Ok, the 14th will be the date. :) Since you two are not available the first weekend, we can do the second weekend thing.

Clay, I just might have to stay with you... working for the state, getting paid once a month, wife not letting me dip into savings.... I'm usually broke by the second weekend. :wink:

Seriously, the 15th will be good (better) for myself.

Michael

Well, since I "organize" it every year and I am the boss!

Ok, the 14th will be the date. :) Since you two are not available the first weekend, we can do the second weekend thing.

Clay, I just might have to stay with you... working for the state, getting paid once a month, wife not letting me dip into savings.... I'm usually broke by the second weekend. :wink:

Seriously, the 15th will be good (better) for myself.

Michael
YOU organize it? Its at MY house. Well, Not the diving.:D I (and my wonderful wife) are the ones that have to cook/prepare food. But we love doing it. Its only once a year.

Staying with me should not be a problem. We can make room. I am sure one room is already spoken for although she has not claimed it yet.

I was just thinking. The weekend of the 14th/15th is Valentines. That might be a problem for some.

YOU organize it? Its at MY house. Well, Not the diving.:D I (and my wonderful wife) are the ones that have to cook/prepare food. But we love doing it. Its only once a year.

Staying with me should not be a problem. We can make room. I am sure one room is already spoken for although she has not claimed it yet.

I was just thinking. The weekend of the 14th/15th is Valentines. That might be a problem for some.

I meant the dives!

Well, I guess the only other option is the 21st and 22nd. I might be able to save up enough for that. Otherwise, I seriously might not be able to make it. Unless someone covers me till the first. hahahah

Michael

Set the date and I'll be there. May not dive, but I'll at least show up. :)

What? you gotta dive at least once. That's what Denise did. One dive and then start hitting the bottle. :wink:

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom