February 24 Cristal Clear Charters - Free Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the 24th there are two different dives taking place. One is on Spiegal Grove, followed by a reef dive, depart at 8:30 a.m.

The second and "main SB dive" will be on the afternoon of the 24th. We will be diving two reefs.

What is up for Sunday am? I'm going to do the PM dives on the 24th with my ScubaSweetie94 (my daughter Stephanie) A couple nice, easy, shallow reefs are just what she needs. For ME only....I'm thinking about the AM Saturday dives....and maybe AM Sunday dives. Have they mentioned what is scheduled for Sunday? Or does everyone think Sharky's will be too wild Sat. nite to plan an early morning Sunday?

I don't think I can make Saturday due to a prior commitment...darn! I'm wondering how Sunday will look.

Missdirected:
On the 24th there are two different dives taking place. One is on Spiegal Grove, followed by a reef dive, depart at 8:30 a.m.

The second and "main SB dive" will be on the afternoon of the 24th. We will be diving two reefs.

I am booked am 24th for Speigal Grove and the 25th am.. But I have not booked my room ... hmmm i need to do that:wink:

I know I have Personally Used this Dive Op for check out dives for Open water and Advanced and also did part of my Master Diver check outs with them and have have possitive feedback from other members of our group as well as new divers. I don't know which boat this all happened on but I can say this, give them another try.

I know I will be heading back down shortly maybe even for Sink O.... If I do I will be pulling a 30'camper and can fit at least 4-5 people extra in this thing. I know when we went down last time we took the afternoon boats and partied the night previous and after the dives since we dind't have to be back at the boat until noon. I hope to meet some new SB'rs this time around and Colin and Chris, I'll let you two know the dates I can go as I would like to do this about once a month and especially for the Invasion trip.

With Cinco de Mayo coming.... I will be setting it up with my son... I may take you up on the camper idea... more to come

Missdirected:
Okay Howard told me to check out Florida City, which I did. For those of us looking for a more reasonable rate, I suggest you go there. It is 30 minutes from The Pilot House Location and the rates start at $56 and go up to $127 a night :wave-smil I am looking at the Comfort Inn, myself.

:)

DiverGirl and Hilary, did you see this post of mine? Hilary, I actually phoned and left you a message about it.

Sunday still looks open. Looks as though DiverGirl, Hilary, and Stud thus far would be up for Sunday morning. Is this correct?

On the Florida City thing. Hey, if you're going to the Keys, go to the Keys and skip Floriduh City which is just below Homestead. Great if you're an orange or a huge Wal-Mart fan. You'll still have a 30 minute drive to Key Largo, and more importantly, a LONG 30 minute drive back after you've maybe had a few. FHP and the Monroe County Sheriff's just love to nail weavers coming back.
Spend the shekels and stay in Key Largo or close by.

ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!

Several of us have booked a room at Sunset Cove and Beach Resort. For anyone still planning on coming but without reservations (KimP don't book a room unless you think we smell...we counted you in. PM me if you have other plans.) I suggest booking SOON! Rooms are getting scarce QUICKLY!!!

Sunset cove looks very basic, and very economy..which is exactly what I need with three trips planned thus far! There are BBQ pits, tiki huts, and some kayaks and canoes and bikes available for down time. ( I have kids so this is a plus.) It's also at MM 99.5 so it's a short drive to the boats. And..it's pet friendly! :)

We are staying in Diver Den #1, it has bunks for 6. Diver Den #2 and #3 are still available, so you can call and book if interested. The rooms interconnect (NO SNEAKING AROUND THERE WILL BE CHAPERONES!! :no ) (Just kidding!) and are advertised as perfect for groups! So...that is the scoop on rooms.

Now...what is the timetable for arrivals on Friday? I would like to host a get-together on Friday nite for anyone local or arriving by then. Maybe some margaritas or rum runners? Some dogs on the barbie?? Let me know!!! If I don't hear from y'all...then I won't make plans. It would be TERRIBLE to make a few pitchers of margaritas and have to drink them all by myself! :partytime

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom