February 15th PV Inshore Boat Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, this is probably a stupid question....but being a non-boat diver almost exclusively, can we bring our own tanks? Also, if I come with 500 psi in my tank, will they fill it for the first dive, or are we expected to bring full tanks?

There's an off chance that Stephen is going to have to work on Sunday (miserable boss told him working over this weekend is mandatory even though we've had these plans for months)....if that happens, would anyone be willing to take in a stray dive buddy?

Unfortunately, we won't know if he'll be able to get out of it till Saturday, so it'll probably be too late to sell the spot to someone else...

Okay, this is probably a stupid question....but being a non-boat diver almost exclusively, can we bring our own tanks? Also, if I come with 500 psi in my tank, will they fill it for the first dive, or are we expected to bring full tanks?

There's an off chance that Stephen is going to have to work on Sunday (miserable boss told him working over this weekend is mandatory even though we've had these plans for months)....if that happens, would anyone be willing to take in a stray dive buddy?

Unfortunately, we won't know if he'll be able to get out of it till Saturday, so it'll probably be too late to sell the spot to someone else...

Well let's think positively and hope that he'll make it. The boat does not provide tanks. They do expect everyone to bring full tanks for the first dive but it's not that big of a deal to fill on the way out. they just don't want to be filling everyone's tanks because that will prolong our time before the first dive.

You're more then welcome to dive with us, as always. I'm still debating if I should bring my video rig or not. I've got another new toy to try out and don't want to task load, at least not until they're dialed down individually :D.

Billy

Billy, Is this one of those boats we should come ready to dive, suits on, BC & tanks in hand? Little room to store gear bags?

Billy, Is this one of those boats we should come ready to dive, suits on, BC & tanks in hand? Little room to store gear bags?

I bring a large drysuit bag and hardcase which has my regs/lights/other junk in it. We gear up on the way out so there's no rush or reason to start sweating on the surface. We've got plenty of space but like any other boat the less you bring on the better everyone is. Which is kinda funny coming out of my mouth consider all the crap I bring on the peace when shooting video.

Billy

You're more then welcome to dive with us, as always. I'm still debating if I should bring my video rig or not. I've got another new toy to try out and don't want to task load, at least not until they're dialed down individually :D.

Billy

Ohhh, what new toy do you have??? I haven't added to my toy collection since I got my light....but that light has increased my diving enjoyment so much!

Hmmm, I suppose if we are staying in-shore, it's probably not a bad idea to come mostly prepared (wearing undergarments, but so not wearing my drysuit!)....I'll probably get my tanks filled on my way back from diving tomorrow (going for a five dive weekend!!! woo-hoo, gotta make up for the lack of diving this year so far!).

Okay, Stephen has asked me to post on here and try to sell his spot. He has no idea if he's going to have to work yet, but would rather not risk it and eat the cost if we don't have to. So if anyone wants a spot, shoot me a PM and we'll get this whole thing figured out.

Further, if anyone wants a spot for themself and a friend, I am willing to give my spot up too. I saw that one person was interested in two spots....so if you want those two spots, shoot me a PM.

That was me looking for the 2 spots but my buddy now has time constraints so we are going to beach dive instead....good luck finding a buyer

Turns out Stephen is actually going to be able to make it. Hope this trip is good cause this entire year has pretty much sucked (there have been a few fantastic dives, but overall, there have not been very many dives....and that's very disappointing). So let's hope it's a great day!

Turns out Stephen is actually going to be able to make it. Hope this trip is good cause this entire year has pretty much sucked (there have been a few fantastic dives, but overall, there have not been very many dives....and that's very disappointing). So let's hope it's a great day!

:D I hope so as well!

Liger,

Please check your PM and call me. I'm healed and ready to hit the surf!!!

Maybe you can call the op, see if they have a slot?

Do they feed us?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom