Favorite piece of dive gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just won my first ebay auction recently and picked up a SEA 4 reg which I have wanted when they were new but the SE 2 was at the top of what I could afford at the time. Anyway, it got me thinking, what is your favorite piece of dive gear that is no longer produced and why?
For me, I have 3 items and it is a simple list.
SEA 4 – mostly because I couldn’t buy it new.
USD Pivot gage – I have one and just like the compact design, there are probably others out there that work just as well
The brightly colored BCDs of a few years ago-I never bought one and probably will not because I hear they faded really bad and stained after a few dives. I just recall seeing a Seaquest I believe in yellow at the LDS years ago and thinking-Wow! That could really help if I come up a distance from the boat.

My favorite piece of Dive Gear? It's the DM's. They make coffee.

:rofl3:

Someday I am going to have to go diving in these cold climates just so I can get some of this famous DM coffee everyone on SB talks about.

Force Fins. Eliminated cramping. Next is the Triple L Libra BCD which eliminated the corregated hose. And then my Ducky.

EDITED: Sorry didn't read the whole OP. All my gear is still available.

Um... good question...

I think I'd have to say my particular decorative dive gear (which is all apparently one-off). Why? Just because I like to be different.

(I've got stickers, special colors of things, and hand-decorated stuff. It's unlikely I could ever duplicate any of it, so I just keep going with new stuff as necessary.)

My old Nikonos!
Gotta put film in it, viewfinder dosen't show what the camera sees, primative light meter, no white balance, no zoom lenses, 36 pics and you have to dry off...

Why did they ever stop making them?

Dive Rite Venture Wing, the old 30lb style. Why they made is a 40 is beyond me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom