Favorite piece of dive gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have eBay searches saved for Sea Quest BC's and Olympus C5050/PT-015 camera/housing's.

A couple years ago I got my fav BC for $118 shipped to Maui, and I look at the search every few days hoping to get another BLUE one as back-up. I dive nearly every day and with proper care it has not faded that much (just the webbing). This pic was taken this month.

P10100474.jpg

Diving as much as I do, I have three PT-015 housings and am using my fourth 5050. Still haven't spent as much as housing/port/lens for a DSLR, and the payments are spread out as needed. Then there would be the cost of the DSLR. Also always looking for an old Ike slave sensor for back-up.

P10100763.jpg

My wish list includes a saved search for the modern Aqua Lung Mistral reg, a dual hose back bubble unit. When the fates align (price and pocketbook), I'll get one of those.

I like the BC. I have a spec 3 that I bought ~15 years ago out of the rental gear from my LDS. Only one I have used and still works fine.
Are the new seaquest as well made?

I'd have to say, ummm, probably yes and no. I now wonder how old my spec 2 is?? As Aqua Lung purchased Sea Quest (because of their BC's?), and I have seen shoddy construction at the inflator hose / bladder attachment point on some Wave's, I hope they are as good or better than the old days. I would say the Pacifica is probably at the high end of entry level BC's with regard to value, and it has some color!

Well... I have a Zeagle Concept (trimmed in green) that I still love. I always feel a little moment of fear when I have to relinquish it to the airlines. It fits perfectly.

I have an OlyC5050 with the PT-015 (and a backup camera and housing). It takes nice pictures.

And my favorite gadget is a SCUDA.... it hooks up to my reg and allows me to have a sip of water during my dive. (I know this may cause cringing, but I love it and I am not miserable with dry mouth).

I love my new BP/W. Not just because it is super sexy but, I love how much better it feels than my old jacket bcd. I love the new take on being neutral. I've even enjoyed this entire summer of getting used to it.

SuperSexy.jpg

my sea hornet super steel tanks....best tanks in the world and as rare as hens teeth these days so im proud to own 8 of them (i had 10 but sold 2 as i was loosing track of my tanks)

Back
Top Bottom