Unknown Father dies during diving tour with 14-year-old son off Juno Beach FL

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Very sad story. I'd not heard about this incident until my wife brought it to my attention. Looks like this occured yesterday ... Wed 3/13/24.

Poor kid, wonder why he didn't send his dad to the surface? It is quite possible, that the current was too strong to reach the victim, even if he was in clear sight, but I wonder what happened?

Does that operation use underwater guides or Divemasters?

Poor kid, wonder why he didn't send his dad to the surface? It is quite possible, that the current was too strong to reach the victim, even if he was in clear sight, but I wonder what happened?

Does that operation use underwater guides or Divemasters?
Yes, all Jupiter Dive Center dives are guided.

Divemasters?
And JDC does LIVE on boat training with guests on board and run thru recovery & Anny the mannequin CPR with the O2 suitcase right during the surface interval. Many of us have been part of it and it's 100% by the book with guests moving gear, scrambling to sit down and make room for the LIVE drill. They also have an observer who watches the whole drill for improvements. It's BY THE BOOK and pretty wild to watch it. I've seen it several times on my trips. I haven't seen other boats do it live with guests on board.

They were from Texas, had made this scuba trip together since the boy was eight years old, and the boy's mother died from cancer last month so now he is an orphan...

He was alert enough to push the son up towards the surface? Did I read that right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom