Fat Tuesday Beach Dive in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach? 2-20-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't have to work and would be up for freezing my butt off for a single dive. I'd rather jump in mid-day or early afternoon in order to take full advantage of the sun's heat. Whiskey? AL Pnt Jetties might be doable(have to check tides)? I'll go as far East as Pensacola to dive the P'Cola Beach Reef there...

I'm off tuesday. I will post back a little later today and give you a definite. I'll call Dive Pro's I think they had a class go out this weekend to Pensacola Beach. I'll get a viz and temp report. My home computer is acting crazy, but should reply back early evening.

matt stay away from O.B. .........far away .......The parade starts sometime around 12:00 .Hwy.182 will be shut down for nearly 1 hour to 2 hours. If I did not have to work it I would go with you , maybe next time............

It may not be a good day out at P-Cola Beach here is NOAA's prediction.

TUESDAY
SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. BAYS AND
COASTAL WATERWAYS CHOPPY TO ROUGH. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

[SIZE=+1] TUESDAY NIGHT[/SIZE]
SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. BAYS AND COASTAL WATERWAYS A LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

Surf is flat this morning, surf and seas aren't the same thing, so it still might be very doable.

Very true. If its good I'll be there. In your earlier post you talked about the Al Point Jetties. That is the Jetties under the destin pass bridge correct? Sorry not very familiar with Orange Beach yet.

wjefferis:
Very true. If its good I'll be there. In your earlier post you talked about the Al Point Jetties. That is the Jetties under the destin pass bridge correct? Sorry not very familiar with Orange Beach yet.

that would be the jetties by the Perdido Pass Bridge... The ones we saw last week.

The jetties in Destin are called the Destin jetties :wink: The Alabama Point Jetties are on Perdido Pass(West side) in Orange Beach, AL. I'll update this thread in the morning after I can check on conditions, expect a meet time around 11ish in the morning.

Feel like a moron now:confused: , but I guess the only way you learn is by asking.

The rest sounds good i'll map quest the jetties to get a good idea exactly where it is.

We aren't necessarily diving the jetties, they are tide dependant. Diving the Whiskey is a bit more flexible. I'll check the tides when I get home and update the post.

Final update will be around 8AM in the morning :) should give everyone enough time to get ready and make the drive if we dive as early as 11AM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom