Fat Tuesday Beach Dive in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach? 2-20-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good, it will only take about 45 minutes for me to get out there.

Holy crap i'm still asleep (worked last night) I didn't even realize I typed Destin pass instead of perdido pass :shakehead . I found a small clip on Gary's site that stated the locals called Perdido pass Alabama Point. So I was confused as to what in the heck you were talking about. I guess i'll stop typing and go drink a big cup o' coffee :coffee: .

I'll be there as long as I will be able to leave by 1:45.

Cool, this sounds like this will be a good time, can't wait..... just hope the weather will be ok. The weather channel is saying that the chances for rain are not until 5 pm and then it is only a 30% chance, the temps are supposed to be in the mid 60's.

This is definitely going to be a one tank dive right? should I bring my second just in case?

cmufieldhockey8:
I'll be there as long as I will be able to leave by 1:45.

If we meet at 11AM at Bahama Bob's to dive the Whiskey, you'll be back on the road by 1:45AM, easily.

wjefferis:
This is definitely going to be a one tank dive right? should I bring my second just in case?

Its going to be a one tanker for me. There is ~100-130' of exposed wreck, I'm guessing. Its in less than 20' of water, so everything can be explored quite well with a single tank less you really huff that air down. GulfDiver77 might want to bring four tanks strapped together :wink:

My first open water dive in 3 months! This is gonna be awesome. Does anybody have an extra 2 lb of weight sitting around that you won't need? I'm not sure about my weighting since I've got a new suit. If not i'll just buy it.

I have (2) 4 pound soft weights that you are welcome to if you have an integrated BC or a pocket you can fit it into.

I usually have a few random pieces of extra weight in my bag. Just random stuff I find on the dives.

Winds did indeed pick up out of the south and they are showing shin-knee high waves now, could be a bit bumpy and visibility will be effected.

I'll be out there at 11AM incase anyone wants to dive it. It'll be surgy and we may end up crawling around on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom