Fat Tuesday Beach Dive in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach? 2-20-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll bring you a few extra pounds of lead, its easier to crawl when you are bit overweighted.

Actually, I should just buy the weight anyway. But if don't mind bringing me a tank that'd be fabulous.

I went out to Bahama Bob's about 10:00 and conditions did not look good the waves were getting up and I can only imagine that it is quite stirred up. With the increased surf and overcast skies I can only imagine that it would be almost zero viz diving. Didn't look like a good time, sorry guys i'm calling this one. It is too bad I was really looking forward to getting out there on my day off. If you guys do decide to get out there be safe.

I'm off on Sunday, if conditions are ok is anyone interested in going out?

I met SBM and CMU at Bahama Bobs had Fin buckle problems and had to call my dive. Oh well $#%@ happens.:shakehead

wjefferis:
I went out to Bahama Bob's about 10:00 and conditions did not look good the waves were getting up and I can only imagine that it is quite stirred up. With the increased surf and overcast skies I can only imagine that it would be almost zero viz diving. Didn't look like a good time, sorry guys i'm calling this one. It is too bad I was really looking forward to getting out there on my day off. If you guys do decide to get out there be safe.

We managed the dive, despite far from ideal conditions. Ended up having a good dive regardless. Full report here

Arg!!!!! I kinda wish I would have waited, but that is ok there are many more days to dive the whiskey this year. My experience at P-Cola Beach is that when conditions look like they did today you can't see anything. Oh well I quess I'll just silently curse at myself for the rest of the day. I do hope to get up with y'all another day.

It can go either way with those conditions, we took a chance and it payed off :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom