fast way of drying a wetsuit- anybody got a tip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hanging the suit so air can flow over the outside and through the inside and using a fan to increase air flow is the best.

Meister481:
I shake mine out and it's dry. Worth every penny, and it doesn't compress like regular neoprene. My last trip was great, I could just throw it in the trunk of the rental and the next morning it was dry.

http://www.hendersonusa.com/product_instadry.html#

"it doesn't compress like regular neoprene" First time I hear that one, can you explain?

It's got a small fabric center lamitated by 2 rubber outer layers, the rubber doesn't compress. This makes it kinda stiff, but I don't mind. It feels so much harder than regular neoprene that it's easy to understand the reason it doesn't take on water.

Meister481:
It's got a small fabric center lamitated by 2 rubber outer layers, the rubber doesn't compress. This makes it kinda stiff, but I don't mind. It feels so much harder than regular neoprene that it's easy to understand the reason it doesn't take on water.

It's a misunderstood and bogus design but at the risk of hijacking this thread I have set aside my somewhat inflammatory explanation. I will share via PM or post on request.

Pete

I can see where another person's opinion is valid in many cases, such as this one. There are drawbacks to this suit, but in my opinion they are negligible.

My reasoning behind stating the suit doesn't compress is that my D9 with a plastic band doesn't loosen at all when I get down to 80-100'. My last suit showed a noticeable change when descending.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is that the suit drys very well and seems to compress much less than other suits I have used. It works, flawed or not.

Back
Top Bottom