Fast/good manuverability/easy to use - Which fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure, Jets come in yellow, but you have to special order them... from me... and I'll even throw in a tin of touch-up paint. :D

(I don't get the whole ankle pain thing. Are these people trying to chase down a nuclear sub or something? We'll just have to hardwire "The 59th Street Bridge Song" ("Feelin' Groovy") into their iPods...)

I just used my new rockets this weekend. I like em! Have been using the old blades but am getting into wreck diving and may be doing fundies in the spring. I found my blades too long for wrecks and a little to flexible for back kicks and copter turns even though I can do them. But the rockets make it sooo much easier. And unlike my blades they will fit in my carry on bag!

ScubaPro Jetfins!

After buying (wasting a lot of money!) on other fins, I have "settled" on my newly beloved Jets!

VERY versatile, easy to fin, and ALL the power you can possibly use. I used to use Apollo Bio Fins because I had previously gotten such bad leg cramps. I can fin easily with my Jets and get plenty of propulsion from them!

I think a lot of it has to do with getting more streamlined in the process of evolving BUT that is another discussion . . . .

Jarrett:
Thanks for all the input. Sounds like the Jets are the majority recommendation. Do they come in yellow, fit a size 14 foot and not cause ankle pain?

XXL's were made for size 14 actually :wink: I wear 13's and had to search to find a boot with a thick enough sole that would fit in them.

Aloha, Tim

I have the all black TUSA X-pert zooms, they work great for me.

I have a size 12 foot and wear trek boots with my drysuit and had to use XXL. My old XL's were not going on, no way, no how.

Dave

I went from Tusa splits to turtles , and will never go back.

I use my Jet fins with boots up north in cold water, or a wreck drive and a pair of AquaLung Blades full foot fins in Florida. I love my Jets when I need to move my lug around (wet suit, extra weight ...), but in warm water, on a 25 foot reef dive full foot fins are A OK.

What's the best split fin for this application?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom