Fast/good manuverability/easy to use - Which fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the quattros (warmer) and the jet fins (colder) and I like them both. I honestly don't notice a real big dif. between the two.

scubadobadoo:
I use the quattros (warmer) and the jet fins (colder) and I like them both. I honestly don't notice a real big dif. between the two.

Maybe you're not paying attention.

evad:
Maybe you're not paying attention.
Perhaps. I never pay attention under water. That's why I killed myself long ago.:wink:

Perhaps like I said, a big dif. doesn't really exist. Small dif. yes. The small dif. doesn't really effect my dive. They are both good paddle fins. Now the switch from say a split to a paddle, that I notice.

You may be the only person in the world to totally trash the quattro. :confused:

evad:
I just bought Jet Fins (actually IDI/XS Power Fins) this morning ....and easily as powerful (it seems) as Mares quattros.

Just this morning? It seems? Write again in a few weeks when you realize that the dif. is small. Do I prefer the Jets over the Quattros for cold water diving? Yes. But like I said, the dif. isn't HUGE.

I started with a pair of the IDI power fins they were fine when my legs were in good condition. Switched to atomics, and got my butt kicked in currents on a regular basis. Switched back to quattros in cold water and jets in warm, and with a regular workout routine I love them both again.

I'll sell my Atomics soon.

TwoBit

scubadobadoo:
Perhaps. I never pay attention under water. That's why I killed myself long ago.:wink:

I meant that you probably don't think about your fins that much. There's other stuff to think about. I was really scutinizing them as I was skeptical and expecting to be dissapointed. Now I'm a zealot.

I got both fins same as you, "satisfactory":wink:
scubadobadoo:
:lol: :11: :lol: :11:

I switched from the Tusas to OMS slipstreams. They are basically light weight jet fins. I am very happy with them so far.

Jarrett:
I'm looking for a new set of fins. I current have the open back Tusa X-pert Zoom fins. I like them a lot. They are very comfortable to use and provide decent performance. I recently tried a set of Dacor Tiger fins and didn't really like them so much. They caused a little ankle pain.

Lately, I have been working on some of the non-standard kicks. Mostly for fun, but in general to improve my diving skills. I've found that doing the hellicopter kick and to back up is pretty tough with these fins.

So what I am looking for is something that gives the general comfort of this fin, with perferably more performance, but better ability when doing the non-standard kicks.

Perhaps this is impossible to find, but I thought I would ask. Thanks in advance.

The standard choice in DIR circles would be the jets with spring straps or turtles if the jets don't fit. I wouldn't call them fast, but they are great for alternate kicks and heavy which makes controlling trim easier (like having ankle weights). You can get a used pair cheap off ebay, but the foot pockets do suck.

evad:
I meant that you probably don't think about your fins that much. There's other stuff to think about. I was really scutinizing them as I was skeptical and expecting to be dissapointed. Now I'm a zealot.

I know, I was teasing you, that's why I used the winky face.:wink: No harm done or meant.:D I also love my Jets so I know what ya mean. I do however wish that I didn't have to use the XXL Jet (due to the DUI Rock Boot) as that blade is much longer than I feel it needs to be. I do like the Rock Boot though because I do a lot of shore diving.

Back
Top Bottom