Farmer John vs Full Wet Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On your core, yes. As long as you are swimming your legs may be OK. Your arms will be under protected and that will promote cold hands.

If 3mm is a actually enough but you want a cozy core it's a nice way to go. Better still is a 3mm full suit & hooded vest. choking off the neck hole helps a lot.

Pete

If I'm diving in water above 60-65 degrees, is it likely the 3mm full suit and hooded vest will be enough? Could I use a 3mm full suit, my existing shorty and just a hood? I'm just trying to maximize my configuration options while minimizing how much I spend and pieces I have to store.

If I'm diving in water above 60-65 degrees, is it likely the 3mm full suit and hooded vest will be enough? Could I use a 3mm full suit, my existing shorty and just a hood? I'm just trying to maximize my configuration options while minimizing how much I spend and pieces I have to store.

That is on the verge of using a dry suit for me ...... brrrr

Wussies, I dive wet in 38f water weekly. Jus go with a full 5mm and you will be set imo.

I tried layers of wetsuits, it was not good. You can layer a hooded vest fine, but with the shorty you arms tend to get restricted. Even then at 61F its really not enough to be comfortable at depth for significant time / multiple dives. The 60-65 really calls for a full 7mm, 5mm if you are cold tolerant and diving in summer.

Entirely inadequate. IMO this is beyond any personal tolerance.

I'd suggest 7mm, preferably with 2X on the core, 5mm gloves and 5-7mm boots & hood.

For many of us it's a very comfortable wet range, but not in tropical gear.

Get over it. If your venues and seasons vary you are going to own a neoprene wardrobe and maybe even a drysuit at some point.

Pete

If you are looking for max comfort, flexibility and not want ing to feel like you are the Michelin Man consider as previously stated the 8/7 fullsuits with attached hood offerings from Bare or Henderson.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom