Is there an easy way to put on a 7mm wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it sounds pretty damn bad.

When peeing on oneself, sea water dilutent can make a big difference, or so I speculate. As I said, I take the Fif as to whether I pee on myself.

Au contraire. As I understand it, the glue goes directly on my junk - the gals are spared this. Does not sound like fun.

I am fairly cold tolerant, so I am fine with my thick 8/7 mm wetsuit for California & even Puget Sound waters, even though I have to take rest breaks while doffing.
Glue is already on the condom catheter, no pot of glue and brush required to apply to one's junk.

Due to injuries, I have two weak arms, so putting on a 7mm wetsuit can be difficult. I found that the full body lycra suit with added lycra socks makes the process so simple it isn't much of a problem anymore. Wet or dry the suit slides on with ease. The thumb loops are highly recommended as well as putting the socks on over the foot loop of the full body suit. The suit does add a bit of warmth as well in my semi-dry which has the ankle and wrist seals.

We keep this on the boat and I keep another can in my dive bag. Works great and you don't need too much just spray it in the legs and sleeves.

GEAR AID Silicone Lubricant Spray for Neoprene and Rubber Gear, 7 oz, Clear​

GEAR AID Silicone Lubricant Spray
I would be majorly PO'ed if someone next to me on a boat sprayed that. Overspray on the interior of a mask will cause fogging.

Been watching this thread since Saturday. I was hoping for better advice than lycra. In cold water I dive a 7mm XS_Scuba FJ, or a CF200. Gotta say that the FJ is way easier to don than the DUI. Both are well tailored, and snug on calves, thighs, chest, arms. Both are loose on waist and butt, because it's a rack suit, and I don't have rack build. 52" chest, 36" waist.

BTW - please keep that silicone spray far away -- AquaSeal will NOT stick where even a trace of silicone is present.

I got a great piece of advice today on this matter.

5mm long johns (over shoulder straps) + 5mm jacket with zip gives you a 10mm lined core.

It was the core of my body shaking in 5mm at 13 degrees into the thermocline after a minute. Not my limbs.

I got a great piece of advice today on this matter.

5mm long johns (over shoulder straps) + 5mm jacket with zip gives you a 10mm lined core.

It was the core of my body shaking in 5mm at 13 degrees into the thermocline after a minute. Not my limbs.
YMMV, but I prefer one piece w/ attached hood (mine is 8/7 mm), even though they are a pain to don/doff.

All that neoprene w/ the FJ + Jacket is going to need lead to sink it.

And the different layers often give an opportunity for cold water to seep in.

Maybe a hooded vest over a FS? Still alot of neoprene, but I feel it will have less seepage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom