Is there an easy way to put on a 7mm wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The non-compressible white balls counteracted the Cousteau team's heavy TRIPLE (yes, TRIPLE) tanks.

As to diving with no BCD back in the day (I started in 1969) we weighted ourselves close to neutral for our intended depth. We roughly calculated (guessing until you had some experience) how much your wet suit might compress and it really wasn't that hard.

Maybe swim down a bit against positive buoyancy then at depth fine tune your buoyancy with your breathing.

Don't even get me started on how the typical modern divers can barely swim, overweight themselves then play with their BCD the whole dive, etc. Even typical 100' or shallow sport divers are way overburdened in my humble opinion.

I always viewed scuba as "underwater swimming" meaning being streamlined and efficient in both gear and movements. Today's diver looks more like a swimming dive shop and it just makes me sad :(

Sorry for the rant!

DH

CousteauaBritannicDivers.jpg

If you own your suit, why take it off to pee?
I have a pee valve in my 7mm semi-dry. No marinating in yellow for this bloke.

I have a pee valve in my 7mm semi-dry. No marinating in yellow for this bloke.

For gals it’s much more involved. Ton more glue. I have to do it for drysuit diving, which is why I enjoy the freedom (in more than one way) of diving wet when the air temp is warm.

For gals it’s much more involved. Ton more glue. I have to do it for drysuit diving, which is why I enjoy the freedom (in more than one way) of diving wet when the air temp is warm.
...just mow the lawn and slap it on! :p

The whole pee valve situation is what keeps me out of drysuits for Monterey/Carmel. Gluing stuff to my junk doesnt sound like fun, and system failure seems like its likely. And at my age I wouldnt depend on just holding it.

I take the Fif as to whether I pee in my wetsuit.

The whole pee valve situation is what keeps me out of drysuits for Monterey/Carmel. Gluing stuff to my junk doesnt sound like fun, and system failure seems like its likely. And at my age I wouldnt depend on just holding it.

It's not near as bad as it sounds.

You’re not a gal. You have nothing to complain about! 🤣😂

It's not near as bad as it sounds.

Well, it sounds pretty damn bad.

Nope, pretty simple and reliable. I have been using condom catheters for about 12 years, maybe 2 failures.

When peeing on oneself, sea water dilutent can make a big difference, or so I speculate. As I said, I take the Fif as to whether I pee on myself.

You’re not a gal. You have nothing to complain about! 🤣😂

Au contraire. As I understand it, the glue goes directly on my junk - the gals are spared this. Does not sound like fun.

I am fairly cold tolerant, so I am fine with my thick 8/7 mm wetsuit for California & even Puget Sound waters, even though I have to take rest breaks while doffing.

Back
Top Bottom