Fall MegaDive, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this something you had to sign up for? the Galaxy dive sounds fun =)

they are happy to have new folks! just go to ginnie and say you're with the scubaboard group and go camp at the turkey roost. bring some food to share, some rum for the tote, and your gear, and have a ball!

As the crazy nutmeg that started this whole tradition, I can formally say, GET OVER HERE!!! It is an open invitation event. The only way you are late is Sunday after we've left the site! Actually, you REALLY want to be there for the Saturday night firedancing!

Stuff unpacked, truck repacked for work tomorrow, and all I can say is "Wow". A good example of what happens when a great group of people get together for a weekend of fun. It seemed as though everytime I saw something that needed doing, there were seven people lined up for a chance to help out. And just as important, everyone knew how to have a good time.

Except for the reverse slingshot episode, and the semi-unintentional underwater self-mutilation of an index finger, the weekend passed without significant incident. We are not going to discuss the multiple counts of felonious assault by bead strands, or midnight kayak excursions, or a large group of divers shivering in the water waiting for the dive to start, or reel thievery. And the filming of the second edition of the Blair Witch Project just never happened, so don't even ask.

Hey gang: I had a LOT of fun! You always do me proud!

Major kudos to our organizers (Mobs never had it so good) and the friendly (albeit scary) folks at Ginnie for the way they made everything FUN!

FWIW, I think we should plan all of these for the weekend that UF beats the tar out of them UGaly Dawgs! The park was deserted!

THANKS everybody, for making this weekend such a success. Sorry I was feeling under the weather, and kinda kept to myself. But John, Mike and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and look forward to the next time we get to meet again at MegaDive. :D

I wanted to thank everyone for their hospitality I was only able to come up for Saturday Afternoon but had a great time. I definitely look forward to the next one =)

...Except for the reverse slingshot episode, and the semi-unintentional underwater self-mutilation of an index finger, the weekend passed without significant incident. We are not going to discuss the multiple counts of felonious assault by bead strands, or midnight kayak excursions, or a large group of divers shivering in the water waiting for the dive to start, or reel thievery. And the filming of the second edition of the Blair Witch Project just never happened, so don't even ask.

i just happen to know the guy that happened to and it was a COMPLETELY-unintentional underwater self-mutilation...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom