Fair price for a used HP120 tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many thanks to those who have posted. However new prices don't help me much since this is an older tank (with the narrow neck threads, no problem for me as I have spare valves).

scubacalifornia- I assume the "follow your bliss" in your sig is from Joseph Campbell. Were you aware of his friendship with Edward F. "Doc" Ricketts of "Between Pacific Tides" and "Cannery Row" fame? "Doc" is my marine biologist icon.

Doc (Jr.)

I have seen allot of tank in hydro on sell for $200 matter of fact sold two of my HP 100 older tanks 6 yrs old for $200 each that seems to be about the going price for steel tanks

Checked the Chino Hills Sport Chalet tonight. They have exactly THREE steel tanks in stock... all of them are 80s.

Two are PST 3000psi 80s (DOT3AA3000), and one is a Norris LP 80 (DOT3AA2760)

I find the 2760 to be interesting. The hydro does carry a plus... now I'm trying to remember what stamp a typical LP cylinder carries... is it a DOT3AA2400 or DOR3AA2640?
If it's a DOT3AA2400, then it looks like this Norris tank is also a 3000psi tank. It looks to be a couple of inches taller than the PST tanks, but it DOES have the old Scubapro style boot, which might be adding a bit of height. The tank appears to be galvanized, but it is not the bright silver of the PST hot-dip... it looks more like a very well cared for 5 year old PST... the same patina, but no mottling.

All have a standard K-valve... no DIN or convertibles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom