Failed PADI Rescue....now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are you the King of Scuba? I have every right to be frustrated and act whatever is in my best interest and not the interest of anyone else.

But you aren't acting your "best interest". that would probably be to never dive again. You are acting like a spoiled child instead of like an adult. An adult ASKS the instructor what you need to do differently and then you work on fixing those problems during the winter months. If you can get in a pool for more more practice dives in the gear you need for OW dives, then you do that. You find a buddy and you practice the skills you failed until you can do them without thinking about it.

Adults work through problems, children throw temp-tantrums and demand things be given to them.

Well, obviously the instructors will always point out my faults without ever thinking about their own. In fact this whole experience is a real turn off for me and I'm debating whether or not I want to get back in the water.

well, obviously the instructors will always point out my faults

that is their job!!!!

:yelclap:

All the things I wanted to say while discussing this in the chat yesterday have just been said above..

I feel sorry for whomever you decide to take another rescue course from.

As with many things, you cant really rush into things. Try dive with different buddies/coaches, let them know your problem and invite their observation and assessment on your skills and knowledge.

First thing came to mind, for example, here is an article and video...

http://cavediverharry.com/10-way-to-tell-your-students-are-not-ready-for-open-water/

Cheers

Sent from Tapatalk mobile

Please don't get back in the water. You need time to reflect before someone gets hurt.

A lot of experienced people here (not me) have given you advice, but you are focused on sticking it to the man.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom