Faber 85's question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lee3

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can find a few boots (minimum 2) for faber 85's? The dive store that we've purchased most of our gear from doesn't carry them and mentioned they've had a difficult time finding any. Thanks in advance

lee3:
Does anyone know where i can find a few boots (minimum 2) for faber 85's? The dive store that we've purchased most of our gear from doesn't carry them and mentioned they've had a difficult time finding any. Thanks in advance

I thought the 85s were the same diameter as AL 80s
I'll have to measure them when I get home now.

cheers,

find an OMS dealer, the fabers are the same tanks that oms sells under their name. the boots should be easy to get from any oms dealer.

Dave, the faber 85's are significantly thinner or more streamlined, than the al80s. I did finally find a pair of boots after a bunch of searching- they are difficult to find for whatever reason. They are about $18 each at (backordered, but mine finally arrived) scuba.com if anyone else is ever looking.

lee3:
Dave, the faber 85's are significantly thinner or more streamlined, than the al80s. I did finally find a pair of boots after a bunch of searching- they are difficult to find for whatever reason. They are about $18 each at (backordered, but mine finally arrived) scuba.com if anyone else is ever looking.

I wish that I would have seen your post before. I have 2 I would have sold you. If anyone wants them, PM me I'll sell them for $15 obo.

I have some "old" 85 boots... you know, the kind that hold water and promote rust under the paint.
They're yours if you want them. Just send the UPS guy to get 'em.
Rick

Check out Liesure Pro on the web. They have a Faber tank boot that is supposed to fit all Faber tanks.

wedivebc:
I thought the 85s were the same diameter as AL 80s
I'll have to measure them when I get home now.

cheers,

LP85's are 7" in diameter vs. 7.25" for AL80's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom