Haven't been on the board for a while and have a tank specific question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weekiman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have steel 80's and they are too short for most dive racks. Has anyone seen a taller boot or maybe a creative homemade solutions? Maybe a piece of ABS pipe from the local hardware store. I wasn't sure what was the best forum to post this question. Thanks!

I have steel 80's and they are too short for most dive racks. Has anyone seen a taller boot or maybe a creative homemade solutions? Maybe a piece of ABS pipe from the local hardware store. I wasn't sure what was the best forum to post this question. Thanks!
I don't understand your question. What kind of dive rack are you talking about? Picture of the problem?

I don't understand your question. What kind of dive rack are you talking about? Picture of the problem?
I just need to raise my tanks. Steel 80's are a lot shorter than aluminum 80's. I have roll control brand racks. If I could find a boot that was a couple inches taller I'd be good.

Sounds like it would be better to add something to the rack, rather than to the tanks.

Sounds like it would be better to add something to the rack, rather than to the tanks.
Possibly, if I could just get a couple more inches I'd be good😊. If I find a boot that's a little bit taller. I can lower the rail but it gets into the rod holder area but I could do that. It wouldn't be ideal but definitely an option.

Most boots only add maybe an inch to tank height....

Why not steel 100’s. And more gas too boot

Most boots only add maybe an inch to tank height....
I've seen some really tall boots. I'm not sure why they make them but saw them the other day while at the dive shop. I asked the sales person, but he had no idea. The tank still sits the same height like you say, but the boot was much taller for some reason. Maybe I could put a spacer inside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom