Experienced Divers reaction to Newbies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also avoid the close cousin of the Poser - the Badge Collector..... They are probably not as good as they think they are and could end up giving you some dodgy advice.

You'll know him when you see him (it is usually a him but I have met the occaisional her as well).

Don't make that stop asking for advice as suggested by just about everyone else.

Have fun
Jonathan

I would also consider myself rather new to scuba, but I do have some advice for those that don't like to follow my rules:

1. GET TO THE BOAT ON EARLY! this is the cardinal rule of everything. My dad speaks of "Lombardi Time"--whatever the coach says, be there ten minutes earlier. Be ready to go and you can chat with the captain.

2. LEARN HOW TO EQUALIZE! I like to descend fast and ascend slow. If you're my buddy, I'll expect you know to have trouble getting down. Don't dive when you're sick and practice in your bathtub if you have problems.

3. Don't swim behind me! neither above me or below me or in front of me. Swim beside me--I can see you and you can see me. It works well for both of us.

4. Finally, give me my space! the last thing i want is you banging your tank on my head and scaring away all the fish and divers.

jusy my two cents,
brandon

Make a few friends,

Everyone on that boat has a shared interest and provided you choose your timing well, say over lunch or during surface intervals, not during kit up, to chat with others on the boat you'll get a lot out of it.

Neil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom