Experience at the Westin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSR-3

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone care to share comments on their experience staying at the Westin Cozumel?

I have been on the property a number of times and it looked great. Several friends have stayed there as well and all said it was really nice, but none were diving. Assuming you're planning to dive, I'm not sure which dive operators even pick up that far north since most of the common/popular dive sites are in the marine park south of town.

If you are diving with Aldora, you would be a short taxi ride or longer walk to the Villa. Otherwise, probably have to taxi into town and back each day, unless you're renting a car during your stay.

If you are diving with Aldora, you would be a short taxi ride or longer walk to the Villa. Otherwise, probably have to taxi into town and back each day, unless you're renting a car during your stay.
Isn't it almost 2 miles to Villa Aldora? It looks like Pro Dive has a location at the Westin. Salty Endeavors and some other ops work out of Puerto de Abrigo 1.7 miles from the Westin. Whichever, it'd be a long boat ride to the southern reefs. I get picked up at the Aldora pier 3 miles from the Westin, and I don't mind the ride, but some do.

It looks like Pro Dive has a location at the Westin. Salty Endeavors and some other ops work out of Puerto de Abrigo 1.7 miles from the Westin. Whichever, it'd be a long boat ride to the southern reefs.
I think Pro Dive may operate boats out of the Weston for northern sites only. Anything in the marine park may require land transport to their base at the Allegro. The Weston is a nice hotel facility if you just want chill on the north end, but may be more time consuming and awkward if you want to dive down south.

Fortunately, there are a lot of accommodation/diving options around the island, so it's really just down to your own personal priorities.

Thanks for the feedback. 'Still pondering options.
We've stayed from the Iberostar to the El Coz. and more than a few in between. A good reminder of the long taxi rides all the way from the El Coz to the caleta making for a notably longer dive-morning overall. That's a factor as I go diving while my wife hangs out... and, I don't much like to get up earlier than I have to.

We've stayed at the palace for the last 4 or 5 trips and have enjoyed it, but the pool-crowds last time were a bit much for me, and now hitting divers for another $25/day to use the pier is not too inviting.

I've wanted to try the Fiesta Americana, but I gather that they still have issues on the water side of the property.

Thanks for the feedback. 'Still pondering options.
We've stayed from the Iberostar to the El Coz. and more than a few in between. A good reminder of the long taxi rides all the way from the El Coz to the caleta making for a notably longer dive-morning overall. That's a factor as I go diving while my wife hangs out... and, I don't much like to get up earlier than I have to.

We've stayed at the palace for the last 4 or 5 trips and have enjoyed it, but the pool-crowds last time were a bit much for me, and now hitting divers for another $25/day to use the pier is not too inviting.

I've wanted to try the Fiesta Americana, but I gather that they still have issues on the water side of the property.

Hey DSR - did you end up staying at the Westin? I’m considering it as the property looks great but am concerned about the time it takes to get to the dive sites. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom