Trip Report Cozumel Sept ‘22 Trip Report-Westin/Salty Endeavors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've got a trip planned to Westin Cozumel in late January. We will probably only do a couple of dive days.

What kind of boat does Salty Endeavors use? I'm not a big fan of small go-fast boats and doing back-roll entries sometimes screws up my ears.

We've used Dive Paradise exclusively for many years but we never stayed on the north end.

We've got a trip planned to Westin Cozumel in late January. We will probably only do a couple of dive days.

What kind of boat does Salty Endeavors use? I'm not a big fan of small go-fast boats and doing back-roll entries sometimes screws up my ears.

We've used Dive Paradise exclusively for many years but we never stayed on the north end.
The type you are not a fan of. I don't know if they have a cutout in there Panga style boat that allows you to jump from.

The type you are not a fan of. I don't know if they have a cutout in their Panga style boat that allows you to jump from.
Oh well, it’s good to know ahead of time. I’ve done plenty of back flops in Belize.

We have 3 boats, but all will require you to backroll from the boat. Ulternatively, we can lower your equipment into the water, have you slide over the edge, and then gear up in water.

Otherwise I think you'll have to taxi to an operator. I am not aware of any of the larger boats that would pick up at Westin. Perhaps ProDive will, but their slow boats won't make it south to dive the southern sites.

Enjoy the dives!

I have a sensitive left ear that sometimes has given me trouble on a backroll when I hit the water. I have developed a technique where with the hand that is holding my mask in place I block my ear canal with my thumb.

I'm trying to plan a trip for Mar 23 and scoured SB for what seems like a good 10 hours over the weekend (soooooo much Cozumel content on SB). I'm super glad that I found this thread... big thanks to @Snrubnivek for the trip report. Our first hotel choice is the Westin but didnt want the hassle of catching a cab to the marina or even to Aldora dock each morning.

I assume the dives with Salty Endeavors were held in the marine park? How long was the boat ride from the Westin dock? What time did the pick-ups occur?

Thanks!

How long was the boat ride from the Westin dock?
I don't know how fast their boats are but it's about 22 miles from the northern hotel zone to the southern end of the island.

I'm trying to plan a trip for Mar 23 and scoured SB for what seems like a good 10 hours over the weekend (soooooo much Cozumel content on SB). I'm super glad that I found this thread... big thanks to @Snrubnivek for the trip report. Our first hotel choice is the Westin but didnt want the hassle of catching a cab to the marina or even to Aldora dock each morning.

I assume the dives with Salty Endeavors were held in the marine park? How long was the boat ride from the Westin dock? What time did the pick-ups occur?

Thanks!

Unless otherwise agreed upon, all dives are in the Marine Park.

Pick up is 7:50am or 1:40pm daily.

From the Westin on our fast boats, to Colombia Reef, you are looking at about 1 hour boat ride, maybe less pending sea conditions.

I have a sensitive left ear that sometimes has given me trouble on a backroll when I hit the water. I have developed a technique where with the hand that is holding my mask in place I block my ear canal with my thumb.
Thanks, I’ll have to give that a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom