Expelled PADI instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was pleased to note not one Canadian name on that list.

I guess if you hang around long enough you'll know someone on the "list."
For me, that number is three.
Two were for non in water related issues. The other was due to a fatality and is currently going through the legal process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of one expelled PADI instructor. He did the academic and pool part of my wife's OW, but before she could do the actual OW part, he was removed because they found out he was a registered sex offender. She had to finish on a referral.

That's disturbing given how F upped that registration list is...In some states you can be put in that just for peeing in public...High school kids are being put on it for having sex with their boy/girlfriend...who is the same age...:confused:

Anyway! :focus:

No, definitely not him! :)

That's disturbing given how F upped that registration list is...In some states you can be put in that just for peeing in public...High school kids are being put on it for having sex with their boy/girlfriend...who is the same age..

He was convicted of molesting his girlfriends 8 or 10 year old daughter... Pretty sure his expulsion was merited.

Sadly I know the story behind at least one of the expelled instructors in that area. I referred to his class as "How to kill a diver"

I'm glad he was expelled. It was well deserved.

My OW water instructor actually did get expelled from PADI.
It had nothing to do with his instructing, he was great.
He got expelled because he had a fling with one of his female DM candidates and she had remorse over it. She claimed sexual harassment and/or date rape/ something of the sort.
That got him booted.

I know one of the guys. I know why he got the boot but frankly, he should have been in prison for a completely unrelated matter. He's still instructing, just under another banner.

---------- Post added October 1st, 2015 at 09:54 PM ----------

I'd best go look for those two Canadians i missed. :(

Is it just me, or does it disturb anyone else that an Instructor banned by one agency can so easily move to another?

Is it just me, or does it disturb anyone else that an Instructor banned by one agency can so easily move to another?

No it disturbs me as well. I can only hope that the new agency are aware of the reason for the expulsion and that they are happy that it will not affect them (ie retraining has been done or processes are in place to mitigate the issue).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom