Exiting diver courtesy question from newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a lot to add, except to say a big "Thank you" that you guys are thinking about these things!

I usually find myself desperately lurching for the handholds at the bottom, to avoid being blown butt first back through the crack :)

Anyway, kudos to you (and the person who taught you!) for having remembered your etiquette.

:blush: thanks! we actually think about alot but consult (really torment) sources offline :D

:shocked2: what the heck are you saying about being blown butt first back up through the crack??? We were told the flow was way down when we were there in April and again for Memorial Day weekend, so I really cannot imagine it . . .

you don't have to be married to the line :)

how bout engaged then? :wink:

Many thanks to everyone who has replied. :)

Agreed, thanks everyone!

Average flow in JB is actually quite tremendous, but its been down for awhile with the drought.

Let me clarify. When I say swimmers should yield to scooter divers, I'm talking about when they are heading in the same direction, not opposing directions. Exiting teams always have the right of way. However, swimmers who are in front of scooter divers should let the scooter divers pass them.

I agree with that, but its the scooter teams responsibility to signal the swimming divers that they're approaching and the tempermant to get off the throttle until an adaquate space is allowed for a pass.

I still wouldn't call this a rule, but a courtesy.

I agree completely.

More fun when there isn't any there to stalk...

Perhaps, but that's not something I'd recommend for an Intro cave diver ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Perhaps, but that's not something I'd recommend for an Intro cave diver ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

No worreis, Bob, we made a promised to our instructor that our arses were not leaving that gold line. :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom