Executive Diver's Watches - 20atm 660ft 200m

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharperWatches:
Dear Friends of the Earth,

REDHATMAMA; thank you for your comments;
1. We are a British Company and design, manufacture, assemble in the UK. We do not deal in imitation wear, fanciful costume wear nor obtain products from watch manufacturers that cannot provide executive quality watches. Our products are individually machined to fine tolerances and all the SEX Pro-dive range are a minimum of 200m, 20atm water resistant rated individually tested, serialised, and carry government patent trade mark. Professional water sports men and women are some of our select satisfied customers, from professional surfers (surfer dudes) to pro-divers through to power boat owners and racing organisations.
2. Regarding brand names: SexPro-Dive rtm range comes from Sharper EXecutive PROfessional DIVEr's. Whilst we recognise that there is varied response to a named brand such as this, we also recognise that our other sizeable colleagues in the retail industry have similar approach on brand names that you may or may not wear from day to day, FCUKrtm clothing, the French Connection (FC) designer clothing brand providing an expression of quality products for the UK, hence FCUKrtm . This being a very sort after name, where millions have and still desire FCUKrtm clothing products. There are many other names that are also extremely popular, such as PLABOYrtm , etc.
An interesting concept was that from our Western colleagues in the United States, formulating the well known product SEXWAXrtm , California, United States of America and as everybody knows in the professional water sports industry, is a fantastic product for application to surfaces of athletic and sports equipment, especially on surfboards, skateboards, snowboards and skis.
We have had tremendous feedback from our customers who we guess have also pondered over the brand name and have had the opposite reaction....
https://www.sharperwatches.com/pages/customerreviews.html

Snowboarders, skateboarders and surfers are not the executive audience. If you are targeting your watch to executives in the US market, Sex Pro is an unfortunate name. I am an executive and in the market for a dive watch and wouldn't consider wearing a watch named Sex Pro. Aside from eliciting looks of askance and being the brunt of jokes on dive boats (Sex Pro is an illegal occupation in most US states), the watch could not be worn to business meetings, church, or any other place where one is likely to encounter conservative people. And the US is by and large a conservative country. I have seen only one person wearing a FCUK T-Shirt in this country and that was in Manhattan. Wearing "Juicy" plastered across one's butt was at one time popular in this country, but has since lost favor with the fashionable set when it gained favor with the Girlz in the Hood. Frankly, Sex Pro sounds like the ideal watch for the well-heeled Pimp.

$900 is priced above any piece of dive equipment except the most high-end regulators and I don't see the often price sensitive American diver as your target market. Since you are a British company, you ought to capitalize on the inherrent snob value of a UK product and target your market to the upscale Banana Republic crowd who buy loudspeakers with names like Warfedale and Wilson Benesch.

I'm seriously considering the Suunto D-3.

Thank you for your personal opinion and we trust your determination.
Our other customers, some being government officers, police and CEOs of large multi million turn over company's do not seem to have the same opinion.

The Suunto D-3 seems to be a good all rounder 10atm water resistant watch with handy functions and wish you all the best in your selection. :)

SharperWatches:
Thank you for your personal opinion and we trust your determination.
Our other customers, some being government officers, police and CEOs of large multi million turn over company's do not seem to have the same opinion.

The Suunto D-3 seems to be a good all rounder 10atm water resistant watch with handy functions and wish you all the best in your selection. :)

oh boy, THAT IS a weird response from someone trying to market a product to a fairly large internet audience, and win sympathies.
I have to agree with most of the other posters. "Sex Pro" will not fly in the American marketplace, at least not at any considerable volume. Especially not amongst executives, not at times of zero tolerance policies...
d-s-f

My offer stands to test your watch for the ScubaBoard crowd =)

My hundred dollar Casio G-Shock works very well and is made from stainless.

I'll replace it with another Casio when I need a new one, thank you very much.

Maybe the watch reminds us to have sex... or maybe it reminds us how good we are... in case we needed to be reminded. :D

USUKimage1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom