Executive Diver's Watches - 20atm 660ft 200m

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand:
What are the "Units Per Hour" measuring? Again, why have the watch named Sex (other than sex sells)?
maybe the 'units' and the 'sex' have something to do with each other?? :D though those would be some busy busy hours...

website is terrible. watch name is not a good idea. price too high. good luck with your business.

Firebrand:
What are the "Units Per Hour" measuring?
Use it with the stopwatch. It's a reciprocal scale -- i.e. 60 sec or 1 minute per item is 60 per hour. 15 sec or 1/4 minute per action is 240 per hour, etc.

Very strange feature for a dive watch. Maybe he's expanding his line from some other specialized sort of business.

I'll stick with my $25 analog/digital combo Casio watch.

Edit: I just figured out what the Units Per Hour scale is useful for :wink:
Run the stopwatch for a measured mile (or kilometer). The second sweep hand of the stopwatch will be pointing at your speed in MPH or KPH.
Oh yes! That's definitely worth $900. not.

ShaperWatches, still waiting to hear about my offer to Beta Test your watch. =)

I really now wonder if these are like that 200 dollar "rolex" oyster that guy in cozumel tried to sell me. I actually got him down to 125 when I asked him if it would be ok to take it under water. He got a scared look and said where you from I told him and he said oh sure,sure, no problem at all. what about a warranty. oh sure just bring it back to me here. I can't get it fixed in the states? oh no, special purchase!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Man I got the best deals in Afghanistan, Rolexs for $35 and Omegas for $30!! They're real!! Yeah...and I'll sell you the Andrea Doria for $100k.

BTW $125 for a Folex?! Man, he was scammin'!

Well, impossible to say if the product is actually WORTH the $500 US that they want... but hardly at HOT DEAL, more like an annoying website with WAY too much frill, and very little heart..

For what you are asking, one can get a nice AI Computer that doe stuff like calcuate depth.. ohh, and a LOT of other stuff!!

L8R, and good luck with the marketing, but I'd suggest elsewhere..

Shaka Doug:
May I ask why the name is SexPro-Dive? What is SEX refering to in regards to this watch?

Probably made by the XX Watch Company in China:

http://www.globalsources.com/xxwatch.co

It may be one of those unfortunate Chinese names or a lame attempt to take advantage of keyword popularity. The html page looks like nothing but keywords for watches, including OEM manufacturing and wholesale watch boxes.

They probably bought an entire container of the silly things and we'll probably see them on ebay in 6 months. I couldn't imagine a woman wearing one of these without stiletto booties. Maybe the naked diver dude could use one.

The thread title is "Executive Watch" while the flash ad shows surfer dudes. No real executive would be caught dead in one. Sex Pro is a tacky name. Sex does sell, but in the form of models.

Dear Friends of the Earth,

It is fascinating to hear of your varying opinions on our watches, we are certain that your verdict would completely change if you were to become a proud owner of any of our products.
We have searched through the registered owners database, and understand that neither person actually owns one of our watches. This is an ideal opportunity to provide suitable response to all concerned and will group answers together to similar questions that have been asked.

REDHATMAMA; thank you for your comments;
1. We are a British Company and design, manufacture, assemble in the UK. We do not deal in imitation wear, fanciful costume wear nor obtain products from watch manufacturers that cannot provide executive quality watches. Our products are individually machined to fine tolerances and all the SEX Pro-dive range are a minimum of 200m, 20atm water resistant rated individually tested, serialised, and carry government patent trade mark. Professional water sports men and women are some of our select satisfied customers, from professional surfers (surfer dudes) to pro-divers through to power boat owners and racing organisations.
2. Regarding brand names: SexPro-Dive rtm range comes from Sharper EXecutive PROfessional DIVEr's. Whilst we recognise that there is varied response to a named brand such as this, we also recognise that our other sizeable colleagues in the retail industry have similar approach on brand names that you may or may not wear from day to day, FCUKrtm clothing, the French Connection (FC) designer clothing brand providing an expression of quality products for the UK, hence FCUKrtm . This being a very sort after name, where millions have and still desire FCUKrtm clothing products. There are many other names that are also extremely popular, such as PLABOYrtm , etc.
An interesting concept was that from our Western colleagues in the United States, formulating the well known product SEXWAXrtm , California, United States of America and as everybody knows in the professional water sports industry, is a fantastic product for application to surfaces of athletic and sports equipment, especially on surfboards, skateboards, snowboards and skis.
We have had tremendous feedback from our customers who we guess have also pondered over the brand name and have had the opposite reaction....
https://www.sharperwatches.com/pages/customerreviews.html

SHAKA DOUG; Thank you for your question and hope the above has answered it. Commendations on your business and a good friendly and fun website. There are some real nice pictures and is full of interesting content. We would like to offer you a special arrangement providing you with one of our watches FOC, for your personal pleasure and potential future business together. Please contact.

DLNDAVID; “Sex Sells silly.” Good point.

MILITANTMEDIC; ““Yeah still not so big on the idea of my watch saying SEX in big bold letters.”.”
Personal preferences are a one of personality, some do not like the idea of ‘sex’ and some do. Why not consider our other brands when you come over to the UK and visit our outlets.
JIMLAP and others.
Website issues, again a matter of personal taste and it does have a bearing if the user only has a slow connection speed to the Internet or high speed DSL etc. Recommended access speed for multi media is at least 1mb broadband, those on dial up connection will ‘not get anywhere’ but will be able to access the standard html website. Music can be turned off or on to suit your tastes, those who do not like flash media, a link to standard html sites are available.

FIREBRAND;
We comprise a team of partners whom some are international commercial divers of distinguished years of experience and have clocked 1000’s of regular and sat dive hours during their working life. We have lived and breathed the sea air since the dawn and have memories for those very close to us whom have now departed this world. Our inspiration and technical advice has come from sports, non-commercial divers, commercial divers and other water sports professionals, coupled with this our expertise in horology / watch making has produced a timepiece equal to those commonly named high street brands such as those that have been mentioned. Infact our brands are not mass produced and are specifically for the purpose of exclusiveness as has been demonstrated by the feedback from 1000s of customers that has been overwhelming.
Having seen your website tribute, we would welcome the opportunity to offer a special arrangement for your colleague. Please contact us privately.
It is a pleasure to note the statements on your website page….
“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.”

YUKONEER;
Matthew, sorry that you do not appear to like the contents, and thank you for your personal opinions. We will take good note and advise our marketing department.

CHARLIE99 & RONFRANK

Thank you for your question and glad to see that you resolved the answer, indeed the tachymetre is a useful function, as is available on the Rolex Daytona, it can not only be used for measuring speed, but volumes, rates of consumption etc. Obviously there are computers and specific products that are specifically design for measurement and for many things, including assisting personal safety, but these units are not normally carried around regularly both land and sea. You can’t make a watch into the latest Pentium processing computer, but you can develop a solid robust watch that is designed for some of the hardest environments and tells you what time of day it is.

TOM WINTERS; “tough crowd.”
Agreed, but hey we treat all with seriousness and respect, customers or not, comments good or bad, since we seek to enthuse the truth and building trust in each one of us, aiming for ultimate customer care and the personal touch, pioneering Sharper Watches through generations. We are completely confident in our quality of our watches. As we get closer to the mountain’s summit, the need to change perception and presumption into reality and fact will become greater.
“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.”

JIMLAP & MILITANTMEDIC
Please consider this, we operate worldwide, honour our products and do not deal in cheap counterfeit manufacturers. We have also come across these sorts of people and are forever amazed how they can operate in the manner they do. From our close personal links with of diving colleagues, we are fully aware that, to be a diver, trust is one of the most important qualities that are required to guard for each others safety and reliance of the equipment of which you depend. Please be assured our watches are not mass produced low-grade products, we use the best in o-ring seals and engineering to ensure water resistance.

We trust that this has answered your questions and look forward to any further questions you may have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom