European Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brittany is a lot cooler than Malta, full oceanic climate, and about 48 degrees North. For diving, water in summer is about 15-16 C where I dive, but it is the coldest place (at Atlantic/Channel limit). More south it should be better. In summer, I drop the shorty, and take only the full 7mmm (wet) plus a hood, diving socks or boots and gloves.
On the beaches, water is warmer, thanks to the heating effect of the tide (sand warms at low tide, water runs on warm sand and warms).

mobymark:
Does it ever get warm in Croatia or Brittany? I think thier season is like ours.

Well it get's warm enough (this temp is not typical)...
Over the summer is around 25C (on surface) and around 16-18C on 40m

Hi All
Maybe someone can give me some useful info on where and who to dive with in Barcelona and Ibiza
As well if you have any small hotel recommendations. Thank you. When you deceide to come to the US and Corribean I can be very helpful to you
Steph

hvulin:
It's very nice diving but we have some crappy laws that only make it harder to dive and not any safer...
I'm coming to Croatia by the end of June or beginning of July. Did anything changes since last year? Do I still have to pay 100 kuna for the "diving license"?
Please let me know - I paid that last year and if I remember well it's valid for a year. So if I go by the end of June I may still use it, right? (I was there last year - second half of July).
But to all of you I would really recommend Croatia - beautiful place and some of the dives are great!!!!
My favorite is of course Catedrale!!!!!
Mania
PS. I'll be staying on the Ist island. Small island, only one village, no vehicles, very. very friendly people. Great food and not so great but absolutely drinkable local wine.

Everything is the same as it was last year. You license is still valid. Are you talking about Catedrale cave at Premuda island ?

P.S. Ist is very nice place. Good choice.

Yes that's the cave i was talking about. It's a great place. Some other places I like also - they are more or less all close to Ist are - Trimerca, Sestrice or Skarda.So I'm looking forward to be there.
Mania

That was really cool!!!! The UW wedding and the rice.....

No I haven't yet visited Blue Cave - maybe this time?
Maybe you could join us and spend some days in Ist? I'll let you know when I'll get all the dates
Mania

Just come back from 2 days of diving in Ahillies, Beara Peninsula in West Cork, Ireland. Super duper diving. Some people even saw a basking shark . . .I wasn't so lucky.

Fantastic underwater terrain . . . cliffs and gorges and huge rocks with sandy patches in between . . . great stuff. Plenty of fish, including very territorial cuckoo wrasse (one of them had a go at my buddy!), and wonderful beds of dahlia and jewel anemones.

Not to mention the fantastic scenery on land . . .and wonderful Cork people with those accents (!) I will post up some pictures when I get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom