European Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live and dive on the west coast of Sweden.
There are both wrecks and nature-dives here.
Right now its pretty windy and viz is never what you´d call great but I think it gives wreck-diving in particular a nice atmosphere. If you could see the whole wreck from above what would be the point of going around it? ;-)

I´m propably going to Malta in November so any tips/recommendations about diving there would be welcome...

Its great to see this thread really take off!! European divers rock!!! Sorry I have not been on the board this summer but duty calls and I have to dive every day!! Season is winding down so will be on the board more often. Happy Diving all and if you need more info on Gozo, Malta just ask!

I have a quick question. I am new to diving (which I am addicted to now!) and to this board. I live in the United States and wanted to move to Italy for about a year. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a job with a diving company part-time while attending school there, or what i would need to do? Any help would be great!
Thanks

XOgufo:
I have a quick question. I am new to diving (which I am addicted to now!) and to this board. I live in the United States and wanted to move to Italy for about a year. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a job with a diving company part-time while attending school there, or what i would need to do? Any help would be great!
Thanks

It's better for you to post this as separate new thread because nobody will notice it (except the people who have posted something in this thread).

XOgufo:
Thanks

Hello XOgufo,
Italy is a very nice country, nice girls or boy (if you are female, can not say by the name and you didi not fill your profile), good food a plenty of historical site, also diving is very nice. It seams we are also the 7th most advanced economy in the world, but…

Here in Italy for many thing like part-time job for student (If I am not mistaken you are pretty much young if you are still attending school and so I suppose you still a student) it is very difficult to get it.
Then if you think to find it in a diving centre and being paid I am sorry to give small hope but this does not exist. There are so many diving centre using dive masters, instructors which are bringing people under water during WE, holiday and they are not paid. They do it because they like to dive and they dive for free. Standard price for a dive is between 30 and 35 Euro

You are also new in diving world so this is another difficulty. In summer holiday you might find in some diving centre availability to work as dive master. Usually you are not paid if yes very little. They give you board and lodging and if you want to become a dive master you can do it without paying anything to PADI or other scuba schools. They do it for you but you work for them nearly for free.

If you can manage before coming in Italy to get some more certification like becoming a rescue diver this might help you to find a summer job in a diving centre. In winter the diving are slowing a lot as the sea temperature can go down to 8-9°C in winter.

By the way do you speak Italian?? If no then it is another difficulty.

I know I gave you very little hope but this is the reality. I am sure however that you will enjoy your stay in Italy. By the way where will you stay?? If you need more info you can send me private e-mail

Looking forward

Stefano alias Azotomix

PS
Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :wavey:

and to the underwater world :fish:

There are a few dive shops that might be willing to give you some weekend work in the shop. However, I think Stefano has got it about right.

Chris

PS If you are US citizen you need a work permit. No chance....

I see a lot of the usual suspects are here - Hi guys!

THe3 diving all around the UK is first rate - more wrecks - in all depths - than you can poke a stick at and scenics to die for!

AS long as you're not a confirmed warm-water-only pansy, you'll love it. So much to offer. :wink:

Maybe see ya here?

Hey there,
Thanks for replying. I will post a seperate thread for this topic. To solve a few mysteries, I am Italian -American female, 28 and am a paralegal. I graduated college about 5 years ago. I studied in Italy about 6 years ago, and loved it. I do speak Italian, however not fluently. I want to move to Italy for a year (I would stay forever if that was possible) to become fluent. I can live with family in Sorrento, but would like a little money to spend. Maybe my family knows someone that owns a shop....

I can upgrade my certification before I get there, that would not be a problem.

Anyway, I hope to be diving European waters soon.....

Ciao!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom