European Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobymark

Contributor
Reaction score
:bounce: Any European/ Med Divers out there? Come on and make some comments on what it is like to dive around your area. Europe or the Med. Even recent holidays. Summers almost here. Where are you planning to go for your summer holidays? This section is dying!

mobymark:
This section is dying!

Yeah, I can see that... let me try to help you getting it back on its feet again then. :p
No tropics for me this summer in Europe. Will probably be warm enough though.
I'm gonna go camping. Not very far... south of the country. Diving provence Zeeland. So super close to all the dive sites. It's not a vacation aimed for diving, but I still hope to make plenty of dives. Got a diving buddy close to me, my dad. Will probably be good diving. It's usually not very crowded if you avoid the weekends. And it surely won't be too cold. Water will be around 20 degrees. Viz will vary. Last year I had 10 meters viz the first dive. Second dive of the day was terrible... viz wise... like 1 or 2 meters.
But I got my hopes up! :D
Alright, any others to post something? We gotta keep it alive as mark said before. :p

Ramón

Most of my dives have been in Brittany (west of France), near the Channel/Atlantic border.
Next time will be in April, then in summer. I am lucky that my parents have a holiday house in this area, close to several diving centers.
Cool water (April about 12C, summer about 15C), kelp, granitic rocks, rich fauna even if less coloured than tropical fishes. Biggest divable wreck in the world (except that it is broken), the supertanker Amoco Cadiz.
Not crowded, even in peak summer holidays (never saw boats fron several diving centers on the same diving site). Viz often around 4-5m, vaiable. Possibly strong flow depending on the site (huge tides).

Great guys! Keep them coming! Ive just been diving in paint! Trying to get the center all lickity split before our season starts at the end of the month! I cant wait till we start diving again. Lets get some more thoughts and plans about summer holidays! Thanks Dutch Scuba Kid and Bretagne for the support! Mark.

Well, except for a week in Sharm in January and 3 weeks in Bali a year ago, I've only been diving in Holland. I was planning to travel to Malta and Gozo with my son this summer, but now my girlfriend and daughter are coming on vacation with us, so instead of flying to Malta, we'll likely drive somewhere like the Costa Brava or Provence. Malta must wait until I can travel with other divers.

Just wanted to give another sign of life here! :sofa:
I haven't checked these forums for a while. The board I always check first when I get on here is the European board and you're right, there're ever hardly any new posts! It's too bad! I haven't really been diving lately so I don't really have exciting stories to tell either... :(

Hey again DutchDown! how's it going? how was Sharm? I'd love to go there, if possible this fall... I can't wait to go diving again!

Anyhow, it's nice to see some more Dutchies on here! It's cool to see El'Orean's (spelling?) suggestion to go diving here in the Netherlands! Perhaps I'd come along if you organised it in the summer time! (hehe...)

Talk to y'all later!

Watersprite aka Holiday Diver! :ne_nau:

Only in the summer??
What's wrong with diving in the spring? It's really refreshing. :p
Haven't seen you before btw. I'm the sort of new one here though :p. Came on last month, and I was always keeping an eye open for other dutchies, but I haven't seen you before. Nice to meet ya. :wink:

Ramón

May be next summer I'll make it back to Malta, Mark. This year we’re off to the east coast Newfoundland (hopefully). It’s nice to see an other province. I heard that there are a number of good dives there too.

Haven't done much this winter, a lot of our shores around the Great lakes were iced up. We have one lined up for next weekend hope fully nothing pops up.

Lawrence D

Hi Dutch-scuba-kid! I've been around for awhile but seldom have much to contribute to the board. Nice to meet you, too. I dive year-round in Holland, but was talking about not having much time to travel except in summer. And hello again Watersprite and belated Happy Birthday! Sharm was fantastic! I recommend it. We also went to Dahab for a day to dive The Canyon and Blue Hole.

I agree with Mark...we should breath some life into the Europe section. Don't want people from other regions to think they are the only ones having fun!

Phil

DutchDown:
Don't want people from other regions to think they are the only ones having fun!

Phil

Hahahahaha. Exactly. Couldn't have said it any better. :p
But how are we gonna pull this off?
hmm..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom