Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Spain

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Turkey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spain 0-0 Italy (aet) -- Spain win 4-2 on penalties

Maybe, just maybe, this is the year that Spain doesn't choke.

Woooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo Spain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spain Will Win It All!

You have to like Germany at this point. Not only are they are playing well, but they will face a heavily depleted Turkish side, and they will have had one extra day's rest. And the Turkish quarter final went to 120 minutes whereas the Germans got to coast for the last 15 minutes of their game against Portugal. Then in the final, if they make it, they would also benefit from the extra day's rest. Gotta be favourites now.

I'm with you, Rhone Man, and not just because I've been pulling for Germany all along. Though I must admit that now that the Italians are out I'll be happy no matter who wins it.

Spain now plays Russia, right? Didn't they already beat then 4-1? With Villa scoring a hat trick. Spain is going to the finals!

Oh my golly gosh! What a strange tournament this has turned out to be. The Dutch started off as the strongest team by a country mile and now they're out, along with Portugal, Italy (yay!) and even France, who at the start of the tournament was actually regarded as one of the big teams.

Now that Holland is out, I'll continue cheering for Spain but yes, Germany looks to be on song and may well go all the way.

Spain now plays Russia, right? Didn't they already beat then 4-1? With Villa scoring a hat trick. Spain is going to the finals!

Keep in mind Arshavin wasn't playing the first time Russia and Spain met. Also, it was the first game of the tournament for both teams. Since that loss to Spain, Russia hasn't lost and has gotten a little scarier each game, beating the Netherlands - who most regarded to be a favorite at that time - three to one.

Spain, has actually slowed down a little bit after that first game. If they play against Russia like they did against Italy, I see Spain heading home early.

Personally, I'm predicting a pseudo-rematch of the '72 final with Germany beating the Russians to take home the cup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom