Essentials class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I don't plan on buying new gear before the class, I'm going in with what I already have, with the exception of the hoses. I'll take those fins in tonight to get spring straps put on them, Kathy, thank you again for your generosity.
I'll have to have Don get me hooked up with what I'm going to need, I seem to recall he likes AnyWater Sports and I live a half mile away.
Class is still more than a month away, but I'm excited already!

Ha I'm jealous! I have to drive 30 minutes to AWS, but it's well worth the effort! Don also lives close to the shop & I'd suspect it will be easy for him to meet up :).

I counseled a couple of friends into long hoses when they were still diving their original BCs. The five foot hose worked well for them. It doesn't work very well for people with barrel chests, but at 5'2", that shouldn't be a problem.

If and when you switch to a harness on which you can mount a pocket or canister, you can buy the 7' hose. They're only about $30 if you shop around.

I admit Kristina I forgot you were still in a jacket. I keep thinking everyone dives a BP/W :eyebrow:

TSandM is right that a 5' hose is probably more appropriate. Of course you could just pick up a BP/W :D It is only money right? If I had one to loan you I would. My singles plate is bent to wrap tightly around me though.

So did Kathy set you up with Jet fins or? Ben_CA might have spring straps that fit Jets for sale cheap. PM him.

I It doesn't work very well for people with barrel chests, but at 5'2", that shouldn't be a problem.

Kristina if you find that a 5' hose is a little too short, then 6' is also an option :wink:. Don can help you assess.

So did Kathy set you up with Jet fins or? Ben_CA might have spring straps that fit Jets for sale cheap. PM him.

I had a spare set of M Jets with no straps that I passed on to Kristina. As long as she is still diving her wetsuit, they should function better than what she has now.

But with wetsuit booties, it's probably best to visit the LDS for sizing before randomly buying spring straps, as one size does not fit all.

Kristina let's meet up at AWS. Tomorrow? We can work through the various options and discuss pros/cons. Everyone made good recommendations and we'll see what works with your current set-up.

If you want to try a BP/W for class, I have one you can use.

Don, I woud love to try the bp/w for class, thank you.
I wish I could meet you tomorrow, but my son has a hockey tournament all day at Silver Creek Sportsplex.
Tuesday night would be my next opportunity, if you're available.

But with wetsuit booties, it's probably best to visit the LDS for sizing before randomly buying spring straps, as one size does not fit all.

Chances are they would fit perfect as they are the smaller sized fin straps. I just gave my XL Jets to Ben last week and the fin straps are too small for his needs.

Chances are they would fit perfect as they are the smaller sized fin straps. I just gave my XL Jets to Ben last week and the fin straps are too small for his needs.

You gave them to ben? You offered them to me for $65 ... I see where your loyalty is :p

Don, I woud love to try the bp/w for class, thank you.
I wish I could meet you tomorrow, but my son has a hockey tournament all day at Silver Creek Sportsplex.
Tuesday night would be my next opportunity, if you're available.

Can do Tuesday night. I'll PM to coordinate.

Back
Top Bottom