Erasing a dive on the Galileo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ntxdiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can you erase a single dive off the Galileo. I have a couple of 5 minute dives (hunting for a mask or something) that are now permanent dives. Whenever I download to the computer they show up. I erase them off the computer dive log but next time I download from the Galileo they show back up and I have to erase them again.

I'd just like to get them off the Galileo if anyone know how.

Thanks!

Not to my knowledge, they stay on until you do the max amount of dives (200?) then they get over written, so there's a great excuse to go diving!

I have the same problem, did 4 pool dives last month to work out some gear kinks and bouyancy and I can't delete them!

I erase them off the computer dive log but next time I download from the Galileo they show back up and I have to erase them again.

!

ntxdiver,

Like yourself I have extra dives that I cannot erase, in my case the unit was second hand and I have 15 of the previous owners logs. TheMadDane is correct, you will have to wait for the 100 or so dives to cycle past them.

But, in the download issue, if you choose at download ' new dive only' only dives that are new and had not been previously downloaded should be transfered to the computer. Again, like you, when I first transfered my logs to the computer I also got the 15 dives from the previous owner. These were deleted from the computer but from this time on I have only ever transfered the latest or newer dives and not reloaded the first 15.

Cheers

But, in the download issue, if you choose at download ' new dive only' only dives that are new and had not been previously downloaded should be transfered to the computer. Again, like you, when I first transfered my logs to the computer I also got the 15 dives from the previous owner. These were deleted from the computer but from this time on I have only ever transfered the latest or newer dives and not reloaded the first 15.

Cheers

Thanks. I wondered why sometime it downloads them and sometime it doesn't. I will have to look for that option and make sure it is checked every time.

Does the software have any option to ignore the dive? On my Suunto software I can right click on the log from the computer and select "ignore log" and it won't add it to my logs. It'll also reshuffle the dive #

I can delete the dive in the laptop software (and it renumber like you said) but next time I add dives it downloads the dive again from the Galileo. Next time I download I will look for the option Scubi Do talked about.

If the Galileo is like most computers, it uses ring buffers (circular buffers) which wrap around and overwrite older dives. The problem is that the dives usually link from one to the next and messing with the pointers could lead to messed up dive computer. A better solution is to clear the computer completely. You have the dives logged, so it's a better option. Having said that, I don't know of any dive log software that allows the computer to be written to in such a manner. Having worked with the protocols, I could do it for some of the Pelagic computers and some of the Suuntos, but I've not played with the Galileo yet. Search around for utilities which clear the entire computer back to factory reset and that might do the trick.

Andy, thanks for that info. I will take a look.

As everyone as stated, I am out of luck for an easy solution as confirmed by SP...

Dear Diver,

Thank you for choosing SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment.
Dives can not be removed from any UWATEC dive computers. As the memory becomes full the computer drops the older dives.

Happy Diving,

Gabriel Gilman
SCUBAPRO
www.scubapro.com
800-GO-SCUBA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom