Equipt pricing in Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Sorry guys, this is going to be a double post from several weeks ago so please forgive me.

Hello all! I do apologize if this question is guided to a select few and please bare with me if I have posted this question on the wrong thread as I'm still new to this forum.

I've recently passed my OW test after conducting multiple fundives over the year on rental equipment. Though I'm not exactly too sure as to consider myself ready to own equipment, I am sure that I detest rental equipment and the feeling of having to drown in the stench of a heavily used drysuit.

Interestingly, the dive shop today allowed me to use some of their newer equipment and was very happy with the Aqualung Pro QD. It felt very snug and inspired enough confidence to suggest that I should consider making this a opportunity to acquire one for myself. After conducting an extensive review and price search on the net, I was utterly shocked to discover that pricing in Europe and the US ($500-$600) was nearly half the price of what was labeled in the Japanese Aqualung catalog (JPY132,000 or $1,389).

Something this obvious seems like a NO BRAINER and should be purchased overseas along with the Octo, and REG unless there was a shop generous enough to offer a +50% discount.

Now can somebody please educate me on why there is such a massive price difference?

UPDATE: I had a chance to visit Aquos in Shibuya and the prices there are much better than the high digit figures I saw at Pacifica. Does anybody have any experience with this store?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom