XDeep Zen vs Scubapro Hydros Pro if same price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the Hydros and love it.

Plusses:
monoprene straps and backplate coating are very sticky and make it very stable in water. It does not slip and no crotch strap is needed.
Weight pockets very secure and never release accidentally
Inflator very easy to add tiny amounts of air

Minus:
monoprene straps and backplate coating are very sticky and make it tougher than others to get on. (I've never had an issue getting it off in the water)
The optional ninja pockets are a bit small for my hands to get into, but are fine for things that just fit (Like my smb) where I don't have to grope in the pocket to remove it.

Also - does the zen have ditchable weight pockets?

What you said @BoltSnap regarding network and aftersales support is a big plus for me re Scubapro.
Why? What service do you really need for a bladder? OPVs are one of the simplest things to replace. I'd avoid any proprietary fittings. Same with low pressure inflators. What is so different about K-Style Power Inflator for 1-inch Corrugated Hose versus ScubaPro Balanced Power Inflator BPI for Sale | Divers Supply?

Let's be serious. Hearing that "it's the best" without qualification reminds me of Johnny Brennan.

I love my Hydros. I may even give up my quest for the perfect BP/W. Gasp.

S Tek, you can make it so much like the hydros that you’ll wonder why you did it.
I 'did it' , tried the S Tek, very nice, do I need another BC?

When I dive a B/W [and I still use one at times] I use my older style X Tek SS plate and one piece harness , I did but on a OMS SmartStream upgrade kit on it for ease of use, nice and easy on/off, no chicken wing for this old diver.:wink:
But my 'go to' for travel and local boat dives, and I travel a lot, it is the Hydros pro, simple harness only [no weight pockets] and I don't need a damn crotch strap.

I 'did it' , tried the S Tek, very nice, do I need another BC?

When I dive a B/W [and I still use one at times] I use my older style X Tek SS plate and one piece harness , I did but on a OMS SmartStream upgrade kit on it for ease of use, nice and easy on/off, no chicken wing for this old diver.:wink:
But my 'go to' for travel and local boat dives, and I travel a lot, it is the Hydros pro, simple harness only [no weight pockets] and I don't need a damn crotch strap.

I really like the S backplate, even used in warm water, I like the crotch strap, it makes it seem like the whole set up likes me :wink:

I really like the S backplate, even used in warm water
OK, I like the handle and the STA is very good.
I am tempted, but the name is Robinson not Rockefeller, with 2 Hydros Pro, 1 SP X Tek SS B/W, 1 Hog SS B/W, 1 Al B/W and a SP Stab jacket I can't justify buying another BC.
I did try to sell 2 of my B/Wing setups on evilBay, no bites, so no new BC.

I do sometimes say "bugger it, I want it", so you never know. :rolleyes:

Edit: This one is calling out to me " Resistance Is Futile " Scubapro S-Tek Pure Single System $757 US

OK, I like the handle and the STA is very good.
I am tempted, but the name is Robinson not Rockefeller, with 2 Hydros Pro, 1 SP X Tek SS B/W, 1 Hog SS B/W, 1 Al B/W and a SP Stab jacket I can't justify buying another BC.
I did try to sell 2 of my B/Wing setups on evilBay, no bites, so no new BC.

I do sometimes say "bugger it, I want it", so you never know. :rolleyes:

Edit: This one is calling out to me " Resistance Is Futile " Scubapro S-Tek Pure Single System $757 US
I bought the pro but have since changed the harness and I use a dive rite voyager wing because the VDH wing didn’t clear the STA. Warm water I put on my harness that uses webbing like the SP stuff and a DGX 30 wing.

ive found that some generic looking boxes are a great way to hide the stuff you can’t sell and just pretend you don’t have it:)

I bought the pro but have since changed the harness and I use a dive rite voyager wing because the VDH wing didn’t clear the STA. Warm water I put on my harness that uses webbing like the SP stuff and a DGX 30 wing.
I know we are going off topic, as usual.The OP has bought his wing, so it does not matter.
How do you distribute your weights with the S Tek ? On the X Tek I have OMS trim pockets on the top cylinder strap [it has 2] and the waist band , as in the photo.
IMG_20231021_095720.jpg

I know we are going off topic, as usual.The OP has bought his wing, so it does not matter.
How do you distribute your weights with the S Tek ? On the X Tek I have OMS trim pockets on the top cylinder strap [it has 2] and the waist band , as in the photo.
View attachment 806767
I use cam band pouches and my harness uses “T” bars as part of an H harness so that my waist belt is separate and the shoulder straps /Tbars support large HOG pouches. It hard to describe and it’s all packed for Sunday’s dives, I can try to take some pictures Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom