Equipment on Airplane?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've carried my regulator, computer and compass with me on my carry on lots of times. Usually it gets looked at but nobody ever makes trouble about it.

I'm happy airport security is there and it makes me feel better when I see them being thorough. There *is* a line after which you're just harrassing people, but most problems can easily be avoided by just acting friendly and relaxed.

R..

I must me losing my mind...WEIGHTS???TANKS??? why would you carry any of this on an airplane? It's bad enough trying to carry on cameras and regs!! PLEASE help these people.!

I always carry on my steel 120 doubles on every flight with me. Getting it through the metal detector, now that's another story. :rofl3:

You brought weights? Where did you stow your tanks? :shakehead:

In the overhead compartments, just like everyone else...:D...just kidding

When I moved to Washington from Florida, my employer shipped all of my household goods (except for my Al 80 tanks) to Washington. I kept my house in Florida and rent it out to one of my daughters. I make a couple of trips a year to Florida to visit my daughters and grandchildren, and usually get in a couple of WPB dives in while on my visits.

Shortly after I moved to Washington, I bought some steel tanks (Faber 100s) for a very good price and the seller sold me some weights, also at a very good price.

I left the steel tanks in Washington, and I carried the the weights to Florida--a one-time event. Now I have a set of weights and tanks in Washington, and another set in my Florida home. When I travel to Florida, I take my BC, reg, computer, mask, snorkel, and fins, so I can dive with my own stuff while in Florida.

Ron

I always carry on my steel 120 doubles on every flight with me. Getting it through the metal detector, now that's another story. :rofl3:

Did you put them in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of you?:rofl3:

Thanks for the advice everyone! I carried my regs on (warning security before the xray) and only got an extra search 1 out of 3 times (had to go through customs). Had a few great dives in the Dominican Republic and so glad to have my own reg/computer! :)

I must me losing my mind...WEIGHTS???TANKS??? why would you carry any of this on an airplane? It's bad enough trying to carry on cameras and regs!! PLEASE help these people.!

Weights I don't understand unless it's because you want a few smaller increment weights that many places just don't rent.

Tanks, well if you are doing anything other than open water dives, you may need to drag the doubles along and stage bottles as well. It might be hard to find a place that will rent O2 cleaned tanks and unless you're in cave country, it's going to be tough to impossible to find a place that rents doubles.

When you guys carry your reg, do you pull off the second stages and hoses to make it all separate so all the hoses are not protruding out from the 1st stage? Thanks..

Does anyone know if you can bring scuba regulators and computers as a carry-on on an airplane??

I am going on a trip to the Dominican Republic and want my own (renting everything else). I have a feeling whether I check it or not, the security will think it's some sort of explosive...

Any advice? :D

That's the ONLY way I've ever carried them--ie in my carryon bag.....Wife has her's in her carryon & I have mine in my carryon.....

For over 50 trips on jets since '85...

Sometimes they want to hand check them after going thru x-ray, but what the heck...

When you guys carry your reg, do you pull off the second stages and hoses to make it all separate so all the hoses are not protruding out from the 1st stage? Thanks..

(Just saw this post)----no---carry them completely assembled ie 3 regs & SPG connected together........

Nope. They are loosely coiled along with my wrist-mount computer in my reg bag (about 1' x1' x 3") into my carry-on bag, which in my case is a backpack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom