Enjoying this weather...NOT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brasil, Bonaire and Cozumel all sound mighty good about now. Y'all thaw out for me, will ya?

Cold?!??!?

Come up to Indiana and enjoy the weather. 20F, ice on all the roads, and if it stays this way much longer we'll need a chainsaw to cut a hole in the ice to go diving in our northern quarries.

Do the chainsaw thing and ice diving thing in February. :D Lake Okoboji

Sorry John, I like cruiser's idea -BONAIRE. You can ice dive all you want. Give me warm water, maybe cool for spring and fall classes if necessary. Muck viz OK to play and train, I still prefer blue 100 feet or more.

Dan,
You're really limiting yourself there. Expand your horizons. Have you not experienced the thrill of a total silt-out at 90 ft in total darkness? Ha!

Today was nice and sunny, warm mid-70's, a good day for diving :D

Don't think it will be like that tomorrow though :shakehead:

I am sooooooooooo jealous of everyone who is heading towards warmer waters!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE ME WITH YOU...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Well, I thought that I would chime on this one today, it might make you feel better about where your at? Unfortunately, I have had to make a run up to Spencer,Iowa for a family emergency. I arrived on Sunday after traveling for 15hrs. NW Iowa is having severe weather and blizzard conditions. Air Temp: -13F, Wind Chill -42F, winds 25-30mph with drifting and blowing snow. At these temperatures, exposed skin will start to freeze in 3-5 minutes.

We delayed leaving by a day because on Saturday there was 6" of snow on top of these conditions and it was actually worse. Even then I had times were visibility was less than 1/8mile and was driving through drifting snow. Driving was intense and not a lot of fun. But we made it.

I grew up in these kinds of winter condtions, so I am at least prepared. My kids were born and raised in TX. They now have an entirely new perspective on what bitter cold really is.

I have lived on TX for 20yrs now and there are times where I miss some of the seasonal changes (especially the fall in Sept,Oct) and the snow (and snow sports), but I can honestly say, I definitely do not miss this bitter cold.

Randy
TxIceDiver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom