Emerging National Emergency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice... i didn't know that

Nor did I. I have seen them in the past use mens names on occasion. I read once how they came up with the names but don't rember. A group at the NWS maybe?
Some real quality posts on this thread. That was sarcasam if you didn't get it.

wildcard, the link Markfm provided names the WMO as the source for the names...

just saying...

:wink:

Didn't click on it, sorry.

Wildcard:
Nor did I. I have seen them in the past use mens names on occasion. I read once how they came up with the names but don't rember. A group at the NWS maybe?
Some real quality posts on this thread. That was sarcasam if you didn't get it.

sarcasm?

that will be a first from your side of the pond

clive francis:
sarcasm?

that will be a first from your side of the pond

yes, it's always a good idea to piss off an entire continent :14:

Wildcard:
Again if you want to post facts, then back them up with creditable links.
Exhaust gases can't possable be "good" but is that the reason the world is warming, again?

here are some facts to back up what i have been saying and you are blindly denying:

Wilma is the 12th hurricane of the season, the same number reached in 1969 and the highest since record-keeping began in 1851. - so they are not increasing in frequency?

It is also the 21st named storm, tying the record set in 1933.

With the six-month hurricane season due to end on November 30, Wilma is the last on the 21-name list for storms this year.
If any other storms form, letters from the Greek alphabet would be used for the first time, starting with Alpha.

here is the link: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1199521,00.html

clive francis:
here are some facts to back up what i have been saying and you are blindly denying:

Wilma is the 12th hurricane of the season, the same number reached in 1969 and the highest since record-keeping began in 1851. - so they are not increasing in frequency?

It is also the 21st named storm, tying the record set in 1933.[/URL]
Increasing... since 1969? Increasing since 1851? Increasing since 1933? :06:

clive francis:

It is also the 21st named storm, tying the record set in 1933.

With the six-month hurricane season due to end on November 30, Wilma is the last on the 21-name list for storms this year.
If any other storms form, letters from the Greek alphabet would be used for the first time, starting with Alpha.

here is the link: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1199521,00.html

Based on what I hear from the so called "experts" this is a naturally occurring cycle of hurricane activity. However, you could be right, or wrong. The FACT is we really don't know the why of it.

Back
Top Bottom