El Galleon (Asia Divers) now has direct connection (Manila) and ATM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

npole

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for my Manila > Sabang connection (I have opted for a private transfer initially) I just noticed that now El Galleon offers their own private fastboat (no more external companies), they will meet you at the Airport or Hotel in Manila and bring to the El Galleon pier. I will check if the price is identical to the private transfer... i hope less!

While looking for the news.. I also noticed that they have activate their own ATM (sort of: it's a RTM/Encash machine, you have to exchange the ticket to collect the money).

My trip will be then more comfortable and with less stress (knowing the ATM reliability in Sabang and Puerto is a concern to me...).

El Galeon has been running the Asia Divers banca (when available) for private transfer from Berberabe for quite some time. I've used it three times over the past couple years, it's quite convenient. I live in Manila, so I've never used their airport transfer service, but I've always heard great things from people I've met there.

I'm glad they have their own RTM now, I hope we see more of these along Sabang. Not only is it good us guests, but the hotels also have a good amount of control as opposed to a traditional ATM. They could even have a low service fee P50~P100 for guests and P250 for non-guests.

Sabang has some great operations going. I like to stay at a few different places, depending on the purpose of the PG trip, but I really am a big fan of El Galleon/Asia Divers.

I also recommend Scandi Divers, Angelyn's and Montani if anyone is ever looking for variety or back up arrangements.

Oh I just read their email newsletter from Sept 10. I see the speedboat you're referring to, and all I can say is AWESOME! :D

Ye, it's the Asia Divers "red boat", a way faster than a bangca. The good thing is that you can use it during the night as well (if you arrive late in Manila), while other public transfers cannot traverse the channel after 6.30pm.

bild_216793.jpg

I wonder if they would be open to other night time excursions? Like maybe an evening beach bbq somewhere like Long Beach. Do some snorkeling, swimming, beach bbq, sunset, cruise back to EG via Coral Gardens and Giant Clams.... Sounds like a great evening to me!:D

Everything can be arranged... by paying! :D ..lobsters barbecue on the beach sounds good. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom