Trip Report Trip Report-Philippines-Puerto Galera-El Galleon/Asia Divers-April 1-14, 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@miserkris
I did the course over 20yrs ago and in those days two dives were included. But situation has changed so much that dive is NO longer required. I really do not see any reason to pay $252.00 for such a course.
E-Learning will do, check with your local PADI operator to see if you can complete the course with them.
You can also do the course with other operator while over in PG.

The course is useful but need good gas consumption to benefit from it.
Thx. A local dive shop is giving SSI nitrox certification (elearning and tank test included without pool diving is $145). He said I can use that certification with PADI anywhere... Is that true..? I have PADI OW AIR.

Thx. A local dive shop is giving SSI nitrox certification (elearning and tank test included without pool diving is $145). He said I can use that certification with PADI anywhere... Is that true..? I have PADI OW AIR.

Nothing to worry about.

Is it cheaper to buy accessories there in PG than here in US? need new booties.
My current one is high top... Need low one for easy removal.

Hoping to see various ghost pipe fishes, sea moth, sea snakes, mimic octopus in PG ! Are there any blue ring octopus in philippines or is it only around Australia you see them?

Hoping to see various ghost pipe fishes, sea moth, sea snakes, mimic octopus in PG ! Are there any blue ring octopus in philippines or is it only around Australia you see them?
Blue ring octopus has been regularly spotted in PG.

Is it cheaper to buy accessories there in PG than here in US? need new booties.
My current one is high top... Need low one for easy removal.
No, prices in local shops were much higher than Australia so I imagine even higher than USA.

Back
Top Bottom