Educate me on my fins.....................................

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer the old USD Blades (your yellow fins) but they can be a bit of work if you have to do a lot of kicking. You will not have to in Cozumel. Mine used to cramp me up pretty bad but I fixed then over 10 years ago. I prefer them over my old Jet fins.

homemade split fins - - ScubaBoard Gallery

ScubaBoard is full of outspoken troglodytes! :D

I own a bunch of paddle fins but the best fins I have for current are Apollo Biofins hands down! But when traveling I often go with my Mares Avanti Quattros as they are light and comfortable. The biofins are heavy for travel even if I have used them in FL and Coz back before they started charging for baggage.

Many like Jets. I find them to be ill sized, heavy, and uncomfortable. The foot pockets do not fit me right. The design is from the mid 60's. They are also now expensive and I have no idea why?

The bottom line, we stink in the water. Most of us are hard pressed to maintain 2mph..... yes we are SLOW underwater I do not care what fin your using!

The Hollis F2s have a more snug, flexible and comfortable foot pocket. They are supposed to be pretty badass too, performance wise. They are made of more flexible monoprene but still use the cutouts and channels for the water to flow through. If I had known they were released I wouldn't have bought my Jets so recently. But, they work pretty much exactly the same. The Hollis are just a little more flexible with a better foot pocket, lighter monoprene and spring straps come standard.

Buyers remorse sucks... :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom