eBags Motherlode Jr.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Makai: Indeed fins are a bit of a problem. If I'm taking only the MotherLode Jr I take my Apollo Biofins, which fit nicely. Sometimes my wife and I take a 3rd bag, a duffelbag with unbreakable stuff: fins, booties, wetsuits, sandals, a few clothes, &c. Then I take my Atomic Splitfins (27" long) which I like a little bit better than the Biofins. I won the Atomics in a drawing at my LDS (Ocean First Divers in Boulder CO, great shop) or I'd probably have just stuck with the Biofins as they work fine. The Atomics will cram into the eBag but have to be bent a bit.

Last edited:
Based on this thread, and some that expressed dissatisfaction with the Akona, I ordered a new 29" motherlode duffel and it arrived yesterday. I too have Atomic splitfins but I don't have a secondary set of find that are shorter. So I went for the 29 to have space for the fins. I'll just have to be careful to not pack more than 38 total lbs of stuff in to the bag although I'm sure it'd hold more.

Great thread. I have an option on the following bag. My dear wife has indicated she will buy it for my BD/fathers day. I think it is a great layout, with a large pocket on the inside of the main/top flap to hold the fins. This will provide protection for the contents inside while the backside is semi-rigid with the handle providing additional protection.

The North FacePacksLONGHAUL 30

Like man others, my concern is the fin length. A very quick/rough measurement got me about 26-27" length on the suggested fin pocket, but likelihood is it would be closing in on the 28" of usable space.

A few questions. I hope someone is around at this late hour to provide feedback.

1. What is the average/common fin length? (Size 9 foot and considering Aeris Velocity X3 or Hollis F1)
  2. What is your general feedback on this bag? I am assuming a padded regulator bag could fit in the front pocket.

Thanks
OnMedic

I have an athalon bag similar to the one in this link:
Athalon 29" Equipment Duffel with Wheeled Graffiti

It hold my atomic splits, reg, 3 mil wetsuit, 2 masks in plastic boxes, booties, transpac and wing, assorted books, camear accessories, surge supressor, battery charger, clothing, swimsuits and still has tons of room for more stuff (if only more weight was allowed). With everything I pack it comes in at around 48 lbs on the return trip.

Best thing about it is that it's really easy to spot among all the luggage. :)

The bag I have weighs 10.4 lbs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom