Eating and Drinking While Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI

Artificer of Havoc & Kaos
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok I was out diving with some of my students who wanted to challenge me to try something, Eating and Drinking underwater.

I accepted the challenge(no problem here)

During the safety stop I pulled out a banana and a bottle of Gatorade with a sport top lid. I pealed the banana and had a great little snack while I waited for the 3 minutes to go by. Following the banana I took a drink of the gatorade. All went well as each of my students attempted and succeeded to do the same.

So as a point of curiosity on their behalf I am asking how many of you out there will eat and/or drink when underwater?

What do you eat or drink?

By the way this is not that uncommon of a thing for divers who do deco dives and are looking for a little hydration and soem food energy.

Well for me it started out with a 24 pack of beer (coors light), then they went to the 30 pack, it was hard at first, but got easier. Then those *******s went to the 36 pack...what next? 48 pack? I can't take it. :D

dlndavid:
Well for me it started out with a 24 pack of beer (coors light), then they went to the 30 pack, it was hard at first, but got easier. Then those *******s went to the 36 pack...what next? 48 pack? I can't take it. :D

Bring a pony keg and tell everyone your diving doubles.

dlndavid:
david, try a flask, it will work better underwater:D :D :D :D

:lol:

I hear the little Capri Sun pouches are easy enough to poke a hole in and drink UW.

There is a dive spot nearby called "Aquarina Springs"

Up until sometime in the '70's, this place was a BIGTIME tourist destination. There was a structure where you could go down and look through the window into the springs. They had a whole bunch of women dressed up like mermaids who would breathe air out of tubes. They would swim through rings, eat food, drink soda pop...all underwater.

The place even had a swimming pig, named Ralph. What more could you possibly want?

Nomad - sounds like Weeki Wachee Springs! Nearly 60 years of Mermaid entertailment :D

GDI - I've never done the eat/drink thing, but I have been pondering a camelback with me while fossiling or diving nitrox to offest the cotton mouth of the 60+ minute dives I do... food probably isn't a bad idea. :)

Bo Danker:
Bring a pony keg and tell everyone your diving doubles.

Oh, the secret is finally out! No one dives double AIR tanks. That 2nd tank and reg are really a keg and tap. Why do you think we do reg checks during the dive!!! :14:

Back
Top Bottom