Easy Drysuit Don & Doff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used a spray bottle with diluted baby shampoo since I got my first dry suit--the oder of the shampoo and drysuit diving are inextricably mixed in my head. According to the some of the Brits over on YD Scuba Diving Forums, the thing to do is to buy lubricant in large quantities from veterinarian supply houses--it's evidently used for "procedures" on sheep and cows.

I use water soluble lubricant (eg KY or other 'personal' lube). Works great, comes in an easy to use tube, and can even act as a conversation starter.

And the looks you get from the teenager at the checkout register when you run into the Walgreens at 10:59pm on a Friday night before a big dive weekend, exclaim "thank god you're still open!" and buy a three-pack of the giant "Econo-Size" tubes is just priceless!

And the looks you get from the teenager at the checkout register when you run into the Walgreens at 10:59pm on a Friday night before a big dive weekend, exclaim "thank god you're still open!" and buy a three-pack of the giant "Econo-Size" tubes is just priceless!

We have self service checkouts in Australia thank god. Useful for such situations :wink: Scan the item, pay and leave.

What is even more fun is to throw the the tube at my teenage son and tell him to use it :D

For suiting up of course.

I use the spray bottle method also, I spray my wrists and neck seals. That slide right on the. I spray my mask with the same solution.

Back
Top Bottom