Seaskin Ultra drysuit review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like my build except I went with neoprene socks.
I don't recommend the "Short Neck Hood", not enough stretch in the neck to don it without a zipper.
This is my first experience with neoprene seals, so hoping I stay dry.

I got the short neck hood. I can put it on just fine. My only issue is the face opening is way too small for me and I haven't made time to trim it yet.

Sounds like my build except I went with neoprene socks.
I don't recommend the "Short Neck Hood", not enough stretch in the neck to don it without a zipper.
This is my first experience with neoprene seals, so hoping I stay dry.

My wife has had them in drysuits before and really liked them here in SoCal. This however is both my first neoprene seals and with a crushed neoprene suit so see how it goes.

Truthfully this is sort of the drysuit of shame for me, I have a seaskin trilam however it doesn't fit me well anymore so got this to hold me over tell I can drop enough weight to get back into that.

Ordered suit 10 October 2022, predicted shipping date 9 December 2022. Which is perfect. Looks like in the mean time our instructor course will resume so we can finish it, so won’t need the drysuit during that period anyways.

I just finished a 10 day cave class in FL. I wore my Seaskin Ultra suit every day, usually for 8 hours or so.

It was AWESOME. I can only think right now of two things that I wish had been different with the suit.

I still wish it had a front, plastic zipper, so I didn't have to get help with that.

It has these really thin insoles in the boots and they are not glued in at all. They tend to pull out just a little when I take the suit off, so when I put it back on, those insoles are often not laying down flat and smooth under my foot.

And that's it. It was dry. I was warm with only a Seaskin Tech base layer and a medium weight set of Merino wool shirt and leggings. It was like diving in a loose fitting 3mm wetsuit. Just awesome. And it still looks and works like new. The limestone in the caves scratched up my Teric faces and tore up my fingertips. But the suit is still perfect.

I just finished a 10 day cave class in FL. I wore my Seaskin Ultra suit every day, usually for 8 hours or so.

It was AWESOME. I can only think right now of two things that I wish had been different with the suit.

I still wish it had a front, plastic zipper, so I didn't have to get help with that.

It has these really thin insoles in the boots and they are not glued in at all. They tend to pull out just a little when I take the suit off, so when I put it back on, those insoles are often not laying down flat and smooth under my foot.

And that's it. It was dry. I was warm with only a Seaskin Tech base layer and a medium weight set of Merino wool shirt and leggings. It was like diving in a loose fitting 3mm wetsuit. Just awesome. And it still looks and works like new. The limestone in the caves scratched up my Teric faces and tore up my fingertips. But the suit is still perfect.
I love mine too, haven’t done a 10 day cave class with it yet though 😂. I’ve got the front zip and wouldn’t ever want a back zip. I just took those thin inserts out, don’t think they really didn’t anything anyhow. Maybe I’ll glue some thicker ones in one day.

I love mine too, haven’t done a 10 day cave class with it yet though 😂. I’ve got the front zip and wouldn’t ever want a back zip. I just took those thin inserts out, don’t think they really didn’t anything anyhow. Maybe I’ll glue some thicker ones in one day.

Front zip? So, yours is not a Seaskin Ultra, correct? Or are you saying you somehow got an Ultra with a front zip???

Are you going to write a report on your course??

Took the ultra on it's maiden dive today. Performed great, no leaks.

46 min dive, low temp 50, avg temp 53. Undergarments were Helly Hansen murino wool midweights, and a really thin DUI fleece. 7mm hood, and 3mm wet gloves. Was nice and warm on the dive. No complaints. Actually really liked the tech boots, fit well into my deep6 fins.

Hi all,
I got an Ultra recently and it looks like there are quite a lot of loose threads on the back of it after only doing 4 freshwater dives. See pic:
IMG_20230501_083744 (1).jpg

Has anyone else experienced similar? Does anyone have a recommendation on what to do with this? The suit works great otherwise but I'm concerned that this could become a lot worse if it's not dealt with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom