Easily adjustable bungee length mechanism?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MasterChief D

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
What, in your opinion, is the easiest and fastest way to adjust dive computer bungee length to accommodate different exposure protection (e.g. from rash-guard to drysuits with bulky undergarments and back to rash-guard) without having to rethread bungee of different lengths and avoid using the same bungee length in both situations (that in one situation would be too loose and close to restricting blood circulation in the other extreme).

I saw this good idea using cord locks posted on a different thread (cutting down petrel straps - Page 2) but was wondering what other alternatives might be.

I just put in a simple slip knot to shorten the length -- very quick, easy and low tech.

Yup, slip knot or overhand knot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that should work and can be easily untied (I guess that passing the working end through the eye of the slip knot will prevent accidental slipping).

Many thanks!

I use a small zip tie and just pull one or both loops together on the top sides of the mount. When I switch to a dry suit just cut the tie.

Or use surgical tubing and there is no adjustment needed. It just works for any exposure protection or none for that matter. It has much more stretch than bungee.

I use cordlocks and my favorite is the Bow Double Holed Cord Lock, all plastic.
I'll try to attach photos.
IMG_0005.jpg
cordlock.jpg

By the way this cord lock is used by DUI to adjust and tighten the laces on their Rockboots. It has no metal to rust or affect compass.

I use cordlocks and my favorite is the Bow Double Holed Cord Lock, all plastic.
where do you get those? (though even from the pics I don't see how it works)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom