Bungee straps for jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I’ve never been much of a spring strap fan, big feet and small foot pockets didn’t go well together and being foot heavy once I went to a drysuit didn’t help anything, always looking for the lightest fins possible. With my new “heavy” Freedom plate with an added 6 lb under the rail (total is about 15lb) I have finally got my center of gravity moved high enough to use the good old jets again but “spring straps”
I’ve been using bungee just tied to the “U” bar but had some time to kill and figured I may as well clean these up so with a roll of 1/4” bungee and some zip ties...

F0212EFD-D491-4F9F-821E-8067BB5C1CB5.jpeg
BC200D5F-2FDA-4FDF-92F7-F9DFB49D38D8.jpeg

There are many varieties of these plastic spring adaptors, the ones that come with the jets are the easiest to use but I had two of these and two OMS type (the hardest to make work)
7BA7787F-A2B1-49B2-8071-A7EA69A563E2.jpeg

These with the hole all the way through are pretty easy but don’t fit the fin as cleanly.
F4587FAE-86C7-44A1-A03A-E1AEFFAA5E5D.jpeg
79C89441-1A72-469E-A889-6D9FBEC1FF79.jpeg
071042C9-1C62-4926-8731-F45A50E7A103.jpeg
972789CC-7E82-40B5-8322-F6E5C4F14629.jpeg

Lock down one side after making sure you install some type of pull because it just makes life easier
2A19C16F-21B3-4CB6-BF79-0C07D9D2195C.jpeg

Stick what ever type of footwear you like in the pocket, adjust the length by pulling on the loose end, remember the strap doesn’t not need to be very tight to keep the fin on, looks this side down and you’re good to go.
9C6304ED-EEB9-4038-9806-630FEF30FCCD.jpeg

For the camo pair I used some 3/16” bungee I had, the bright orange just looked wrong on these (if I didn’t have the black I would have just used the orange)
61C029CF-9B31-49B9-9817-BFBF16D67A49.jpeg

Anyway bungee works so much better while fighting the shore surge, with the added stretch putting the on before being tipped over goes so much faster and they will pull the boot into the fin with the first kick.

By the way Jets remain one of the best overall fin ever made, as I approach my 50th year as a diver I’m back to jet fins like I started with.

Nice mod, lexvil!

By the way Jets remain one of the best overall fin ever made, as I approach my 50th year as a diver I’m back to jet fins like I started with.
The Scubapro Jet Fin is what I started out with. Currently diving the Scubapro Seawing Nova fin. Love them, but would not hesitate to go back to the Jet Fin. There's a reason that Scubapro still produces the Jets...

@lexvil TY TY TY

I went from the SP seawing nova to SP go sport. I wanted a stiffer fin sometimes for drysuit diving, but california cold water diving is rough. I tried some steel spring strap fins and I don't like them nearly as much as the bungee cord straps.

Anyways, I was going to get some deep6 eddys. I asked them if their was a way to do bungees, but they told me they only sell them with spring straps. I was hoping for a better answer, but atleast they answered me...

I'm going to try something like this for them. This helps a lot! Cheers mate

@lexvil TY TY TY

I went from the SP seawing nova to SP go sport. I wanted a stiffer fin sometimes for drysuit diving, but california cold water diving is rough. I tried some steel spring strap fins and I don't like them nearly as much as the bungee cord straps.

Anyways, I was going to get some deep6 eddys. I asked them if their was a way to do bungees, but they told me they only sell them with spring straps. I was hoping for a better answer, but atleast they answered me...

I'm going to try this for sure! Cheers mate
If our want the lightness of the Eddy over the Jet it’s pretty much the same idea, just take the spring off, put the screw back in and run the bungee around the screw.

I’ll go take a picture of my Eddy, not as clean as the jet but easier, I prefer the Jets
3A3BCB9A-BD2F-41D1-AF5F-B8A55A4BD09F.jpeg
9ABBBA59-8CAA-409A-8891-AB8A5525DE44.jpeg

Personally I like to stash the things inside the thing

full.jpg

or inside the things

full.jpg

I love blue, MaxBottomtime, I suppose with the nylon straps the spring is in the fin and your foot

but I still have a little bit of
manly steel
in the stainless hog clips for the bungee

full.jpg

@lexvil i just ordered some bungee and pull tabs to modify my fins, you have inspired me!
I have the slipstreams. WhT do you mean by OMS are hard to work with?

Back
Top Bottom