Bungee straps for jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@lexvil i just ordered some bungee and pull tabs to modify my fins, you have inspired me!
I have the slipstreams. WhT do you mean by OMS are hard to work with?
Closer tolerances for the bungee in the plastic piece, I just had to work the screws in against more resistance, no big deal just a little more fuss.

"By the way Jets remain one of the best overall fin ever made, as I approach my 50th year as a diver I’m back to jet fins like I started with."

Nice DIY.

I tried to like jets on three different occasions, no love was found. To me, uncomfortable and the large size has a tiny blade. Maybe if I had bigger feet things would have been different.

I've always liked the KISS method. Cheap, easy to make/install, and easier to use than steel spring straps.

But I don't see zip ties in the yellow one. How are they attached? Can you show/explain?[/QUOTE]

That was an older photo. Merry preferred using zip ties. I tried them the next time I changed bungees and found them to be secure and easier to manage. I've never had one come loose.

@lexvil how tight do you put the bungee? Are they under tension when your boot is on?
A lot of tension? Just to keep it on?

thanx!

@lexvil how tight do you put the bungee? Are they under tension when your boot is on?

thanx!

I'm guessing that you will have to do a bit of trial and error to get a comfortable and functional fit. Same as you would do with normal straps.

C2E0A5C8-36A1-4EBA-977F-D5322D5C9EEE.jpeg

Burnt colour bungee on some good old slipstreams.
I left some bungee to adjust if needed.
Now to get free from stay at home order and his the scuba park in Brockville.

I feel like I actually will have a better fit than with the spring straps. Thanx @lexvil for starting this up.

thanx!
They don’t require anything more than slight pressure. I like that I have a lot of stretch available when fighting the swell, they go on fast and adjust themselves in use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom